bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Who's off to Green Man, then?
Who's off to Green Man, then?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 13:25    Post subject: Who's off to Green Man, then? Reply with quote

And has anyone been before? Any good?

Am off to see BC, Four Tet and Gravenhurst... anyone else got any particular recommendations?
Roadie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and has anyone else had trouble with ordering the new album through the site and it not arriving yet? Ordered it in July and it still hasn't turned up...

I am off to Green Man expecting to hear the new stuff for the first time...
Gants*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Am off to the green man festival. Think my recommendations would pretty much be the same as you. There going to be some warp DJ's on the Sunday night after Bravecaptain which could be good, although dont know which DJ's it'll be. Havent been before but looking forward to it, it should be good. Just hoping it doesnt rain Smile
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, lucky jim are playing green man and they're quite fun. go check them out if you can. can't remember what day they're doing so you'll have to consult a handy line up when you get there. learn more about their country fried, honky tonk ways here: http://www.luckyjim.org/

unfortunately i'm not making it to green man... but i am going to reading

anyone else?

x
Roadie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Jim... hmm, someone else recommended them to me, actually. I think they compared them to The Doors... but strangely that didn't put me off. I'll check 'em out.

As for Reading... nah, been many many many times (was there in 95 with the big 'Sice is Christ' banner... remember that, Martin? I think Sice's response was 'thanks, but I'm missing the beard), but vowed this time that I'd only go if AC/DC played. Oh yes.
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

the doors? er... no. they're not like the doors really... though i guess some might say that because they've got a wicked dude on the old hammond. i think they're a bit more dylan-y with a little gram parsons. deffo more sunny & warm than the doors. good music for sitting in a field with a cold brew, that's for sure.

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1