bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Somebody who lives in the USA please answer this
Somebody who lives in the USA please answer this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 19:07    Post subject: Somebody who lives in the USA please answer this Reply with quote

What is wrong with American air that makes people go insane simply by living there??
They are scared of terrorism and another 9/11 so they want to vote for George W Bush...who was president when 9/11 took place?!
Who is creating new terrorists as we speak???

What is so horrible about John Kerry if you are a capitalist loving your superiority? It's not like voting for Allende or anything.

If we think W and his posse are bad now, I'm scared to think what they will be like if they're revoted and have no longer the pressure of 'adapting' for the next election.

Love & Peace
lazarus28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:30    Post subject: response from the usa . . . Reply with quote

since your question was painted using broad strokes, i'll reply using the same broad strokes and ignore those nasty little details that tend to get in the way of good old generalization.

firstly - bush (henceforth to be referred to as shithead) won the election, yes - but barely and almost on a technicality. if gore had been elected, 9/11 still would have happened. we wouldn't have gone to war with iraq, though, because gore isn't the absolute moronic fuckface shitbrain that president shithead is. gore also would have realized, as have even some of the most crazy rightwingers (including PAT BUCHANAN - who stated it on the radio last week) out there, that we are indeed creating terrorists with every bomb dropped. we were justified in afghanistan but not in iraq and to say otherwise is, IMHO stupid. iraq had nothing to do with it. afghanistan did. and then they harbored and hid the motherfucker.

so, in case there is any question - i agree with president shithead in what we did in afghanistan - until we pulled out too early to go to iraq. i would like to believe that gore would have done the same. (with the exception of pulling out prematurely. hehe - i said pulling out prematurely . . . . that's funny. except for the fact that i just imagined president shithead naked - ugh! *shudders*) (perhaps i'll just imagine his daughters nude -

*imagines* . . . .

- much better)

it's not the air that makes us crazy, either - a good portion of what makes us crazy (read: uneducated) is the so-called "liberal" (HA!) media which, although seldom guilty of outright lies, presents things in such a way that people will likely draw the wrong conclusions. case in point - the fact that around 40% of our moronic population still believe that iraq had to do with 9/11. jebus help me.

what's wrong with john kerry, you ask? well, for starters - he's a democrat which is every bit as bad as being a republican. but other than that, he's my kind of democrat for the most part. i will be voting for him, for certain because ralph nader is also a shithead and kucinich has about as much of a chance at winning as i have in getting bravecaptain to do an album with me. (you down, martin?)

kerry, unfortunately will lose. president shithead, who is little more than a puppet for cheney, rumsfeld, and asscroft will continue to breed anti-american sentiment and i'll have to read more posts like this one that accuse me of being something i'm not, written by someone who will completely miss the irony implicit in accusing *me* of loving my "superiority."

that having been said, i don't blame you for feeling the way you do, i just take offense to your implication that NOT ONLY are we *all* as dumb as our moronic, assbrained, fuckhead, knob-jockey of a leader, but we all feel superior to the rest of the world.

yeah, i'd rather live in the USA than any other country, but that's more to do with the fact that texas happens to be in the USA and i want to be where texas is. why? because texas is the best goddamned country in the world. you think americans are arrogant? just wait'll you meet some texans. i'm texan first, american second. oh, and by the way - the shithead's are indeed from texas, but every family has the black sheep.

umm . . . . yeah. rant over.

i hope i answered your questions sufficiently. and i'll sincerely be glad to answer any more you may have.

i Very Happy
lazarus28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:35    Post subject: also, i have a question for you swedes . . . . Reply with quote

when is lars von trier going to get off his lazy ass, stop making that little trilogy he's in the middle of making (dogville's great, by the way) and fucking FINISH making part 3 of the kingdom?!? (riget)

seriously! i've been hooked on that shit since '97 when they first got distributed here and then he makes a sequel, ends it on a cliffhanger and quits! bastard!

i know that two of the actors passed away, but recast and shoot!

i personally think it's the beginings of an insidious swedish plan at world domination.

i'll let you know as soon as i work out the details.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr lazarus - you've just won the PotD * award.

*Post of the Day

Exclamation
lazarus28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:52    Post subject: why thank you! Reply with quote

but was it for my first or second post? or was it a pre-emptive award for this post, which you rightly assumed would follow yours after i learned of my award?
joeloke22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:52    Post subject: Re: Somebody who lives in the USA please answer this Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
What is wrong with American air that makes people go insane simply by living there??
They are scared of terrorism and another 9/11 so they want to vote for George W Bush...who was president when 9/11 took place?!
Who is creating new terrorists as we speak???

What is so horrible about John Kerry if you are a capitalist loving your superiority? It's not like voting for Allende or anything.

If we think W and his posse are bad now, I'm scared to think what they will be like if they're revoted and have no longer the pressure of 'adapting' for the next election.

Love & Peace
Rolling Eyes sorry, no comments. Confused
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:59    Post subject: Re: why thank you! Reply with quote

lazarus28 wrote:
but was it for my first or second post? or was it a pre-emptive award for this post, which you rightly assumed would follow yours after i learned of my award?

for the first post, mate. you're absolutely right there.
george w bush is a wanker but even if they had voted jesus christ for the president, they still couldn't have prevented 9/11 or the war. we will have to blame the previous 50 presidents for that...
i don't have anything against americans by the way, although i do think that some of them are a little arrogant sometimes. but that's not their fault really, they just believe what they've been told.
ok, i could go on and on and on and on and rant all night, but i'll concentrate on listening to the football (soccer!) match again.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

"if gore had been elected, 9/11 still would have happened. we wouldn't have gone to war with iraq, though, because gore isn't the absolute moronic fuckface shitbrain that president shithead is."

But of course, it had been planned when Clinton was president, I just mean why would a person feel safe about George W being president to prevent an attack? The post was posted in a moment of complement anger and astonishment when I saw a couple of mothers on CNN going on about how they would feel safer with W in charge. And then they showed some polls that said a lot of Americans feel this way.

"implicit in accusing *me* of loving my "superiority."
You read it wrong, what I meant was, EVEN if you are an uber capitalist imaginening your country to be superior to others, why would John Kerry not be sufficient for you? Because he's not really all too 'liberal'. He will not suddenly take all your money and give them to the poor.

The American media is by no means liberal btw, in fact, I think what Americans call liberal we call center politics...hehe...it's funny (this is not a reference to your post, just an observation).

Anyway, read your line "what's wrong with john kerry, you ask? well, for starters - he's a democrat which is every bit as bad as being a republican.", that's what I meant with the superiority thing.

I don't think I said ALL Americans are those things...but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I don't know John Kerry that well, but anyone who Dick Cheney criticises in a speech as 'the most liberal voter of the senate' feels like a much better option to me than Dr Evil and his gang.

Von Trier is Danish...or does that film you mentioned have something to do with Sweden? I don't know it.

Amor y Paz
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in America and i am not insane i don't think. I can't vote though so i can't do anything about it.
lazarus28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 22:01    Post subject: lars von trier Reply with quote

is indeed danish, and riget takes place in denmark, and with the exception of one character, is entirely in danish.

stig helmer is the only swedish character in the story, but he's just so damn funny and anti-dane that i always think of sweden when i think of riget. (and vice-versa) he's central to the plot and is arguably the best character and he perfectly embodies the lars von trier style humor. part of his whole reason d'etre in the miniseries is to spark a bit of swede-vs.-dane humor

and please read my post with humor, as i hope you did. none of it is meant to be taken too seriously.

oh, and check out riget parts 1 and 2. they're brilliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1