bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - naked models on album artwork
naked models on album artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ever way you look at it i just simply like looking at ladies with no clothes on and i think ladies like looking at men with no clothes on and some men like looking at men with no clothes on etc etc. I think sometimes people use the word "exploitation" too readily.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but even better than looking is touching....xxx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tommy, I'm not that interested in seeing nudity in films...of course bathroom scenes I'd like to see even less, but that's only cos that's disgusting.

You all don't seem to understand one bit of what I'm saying. Most scenes in most films are planned and have a certain purpose. Don't tell me films are filled with scenes without any purpose.

I think a lot of nudity on film is there because that's how we're programmed, to show the naked female body...because women have been objectified, for at least as long as I've been living and longer than that.
Just take a look at commercials where you can hardly see the woman's face, she's not a person, she's a body, there to please people. The female body is used to sell things, in films and commercials.
In most films women are the love interest, there for the male hero to enjoy...and this includes them being naked.

Though it happens for men too it isn't systematic and it doesn't happen as often. Are you saying you've never heard such point of views?

And quite frankly, as a straight woman I don't go around wishing all men would dress off, not even on film, I don't start to hurt if I see it but I don't go around longing for naked men, in general. Am I the only one?

I can assure you all I am not a conservative person, but it's quite tiring seeing women's bodies being used all the time.

Amour et Paix

P.S. I can buy the argument that you just like looking at naked people, so I'm really NOT replying to any such replies.

Last edited by Setareh Juventina on Wed Nov 03, 2004 09:39; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth are you talking about now? I think you're losing the point here or then I never got it.
Sure, there are advertisements that use sex to sell something, but who am I to judge that? Obviously that's a very effective way and most people don't seem to have a problem with that - after all, all those who appear (semi-)naked in those advertisements are there by their own choice. And it's certainly not only women
A human is a sexual creature and you just have to accept it. Nudity is possibly the most natural thing that there is, so why should we pretend or believe that it's something bad?
I can't understand why this seems to be such a big deal for you. Confused You should relax a bit!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 00:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's too many adverts on television these days making men out to be completely useless. and it's not just in adverts either
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 08:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>setareh, no offense, but yur just the kind of woman a man needs; honest & decent. <<

sorry joe, if that's a joke it's not funny and if it isn't then i would scoot on over to the kid rock site and post there.

mx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 09:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...and most people don't seem to have a problem with that..."

Well, around here they do...this is a big debate issue, the use of women. Oh well nevermind.

As a woman I am offended by us as a group being first bodies and secondly humans. That's the point I'm trying to get across. And often I see nudity being used on film NOT as a natural thing but for the sake of it or to sell things.

Now maybe I'm misreading something but this is post is getting too hostile against me specifically. I'm sorry my opinion seems warped to you all but that doesn't exactly justify implying things. Remember I'm not actually advocating anything harmful to anyone. Currently I feel I'm being called stupid and childish.

I have NEVER EVER heard anyone say 'relax' when someone else discusses theories of objectification of the female. Maybe I'm not incisive or eloquent enough so I don't make myself understood, or maybe it is a cultural thing.

Love & Peace
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 09:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...all those who appear (semi-)naked in those advertisements are there by their own choice."

Well, consider you're a young actress, unknown but wanting to have a job, if you sa no to certain scenes they'll just give the job to someone else, so you CHOOSE to do it.

I don't believe all women just adore being all nude infront of a huge crew etc...choice is a relative word, today's society makes it hard to stand against certain choices.

L&P
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get disheartened set. you are merely expressing yr opinion and in that you can't be wrong.

i agree with you in essence but i do think your examples have been somewhat on the militant side.

the world is run for, and by, finance. making money is a religion. anything that makes more money is open to exploitation, anything at all.

and it would be disengenuous to place the blame solely on the male population. female role models such as the spice girls, britney spears or beyonce would get their kit off if you waved a five pound note in their general direction. they call it 'girl power', 'my perogative', 'independant woman'. they are full of shit. they are using their (in the the spice girls case, highly dubious) sexuality to make some bread. nowt wrong with that, just call it what it is. furthermore i would bet on their records being bought more by girls who in turn take that on board as the way to get ahead in life.

anyway, bush has won, i'm going back to bed for four years. damn!

mx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
anyway, bush has won, i'm going back to bed for four years. damn!

I demand a recount!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that was me, by the way.

We're all doomed if the thick warmonger wins. Sad
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your point is that if it one day wasn't profitable to objectify women, it wouldn't be done? I can agree with that.

I was not, it seems it has appeared so, putting blame on the male population, but on society in general (though it can asked what society is). I think I mentioned in one of the posts that female directors are generally the same. We all grow up in the same world, men or women.

As long as there are women like Britney Spears or the Spice Girls who will use their bodies to increase their wealth nothing can improve. And of course, it is a fact, more girls are fans and consumers of this than men.

Maybe I am a bit militant when it comes to this, but we live in a world where seven yearolds want to be sexy or beautiful, they think about it...and I relate that to the objectification of the female body. This bothers me. I think I was around 13 when I even started thinking in those terms. We had one girl in my class in grade six who used lipstick (we were 12-13 at the time) and that was it. And it was fun/ugly lipstick btw.

Today you see eight yearolds with perfectly applied make-up, or girls who wear bras and thongs.

Yes, the man who has openly said, in interviews, 'I'm a war president'...how does that not appear sick to Americans?! Well well, I did my best, and he lost California but what does that do?

Love & Peace
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh i hope my comments above were not mis-interpreted as being sarcastic or unpleasant to you, i was just being honest. I do not think that women are exploited purely for money. In my local on a fri/sat night i see women being exploited by little twats just to justify there pathetic existence to there cretinous pals. I find this FAR more offensive than a women who takes her clothes off for money. xxx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...thank you?

That actually reminds me of two of friends who were on a trip to England once, they came back and went 'English girls are so strange, they seem to like dressing skimpy and have disgusting drunks shout at them'.

It's probably not just for money, it's a structural thing in the world I guess. Who knows, offensive either way.

Love & Peace
pscenario

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few weeks back i was walking out of the pub on euston station when a girl (who was with a group of girl friends) shouted out, "ooh, he's got a nice arse!" and pointed at me. i have to admit that i enjoyed being objectified like that Very Happy

but i agree with BC that most objectification of the human body, both male and female, in the media, is for profit alone. and the problem is that it means there must be some demand out there for it for the media to supply...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4