bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Swedish rap music
Swedish rap music
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 17:56    Post subject: Swedish rap music Reply with quote

Is there anything worse than that? ARGH. Mad
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X-Factor!
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swedish Death Metal!!!
pscenario

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

keane's bland stadium anthems
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Swedish metal/hard rock quite successful?

Yes, Finnish rap music I bet is worse, because Finnish is not a very beautiful language. But hey, Danish rap must be quite horrible too. Oh, Polish rap, hideous!

Amour et Paix
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnish is actually quite a good language to rap in my opinion. Smile Somehow Swedish (and possibly Danish and Norwegian) just don't sound very good in rap lyrics... Apart from weird dialects and the way how some Swedes stress some words, it's a beautiful language. Well, it would be just not right to say that some language isn't, because there are no ugly languages... there are just languages that may sound funny because you don't understand them. Rolling Eyes
And hey, the Finnish sentence 'alavilla mailla hallanvaara' was chosen as the most beautiful sentence in any language by some... geeks.
J.R.R. Tolkien also found Finnish very interesting and beautiful, and the Elven language that he invented for his books was very much influenced by Finnish. It's not difficult to see that even the story itself is somewhat based on the Finnish folklore.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

'alavilla mailla hallanvaara'

Hihi...that is so cool. I find Finnish much nicer in writing than spoken.

I only really find Italian and English beautiful of all languages. Sometimes French can be quite good too.

Love & Peace
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:

J.R.R. Tolkien also found Finnish very interesting and beautiful, and the Elven language that he invented for his books was very much influenced by Finnish. It's not difficult to see that even the story itself is somewhat based on the Finnish folklore.

Explain please.... Smile

Now, please don't take this the wrong way Tommy but now you mention Tolkein basing his Elvish on Finnish, I saw a news item about how healthy all you Finns are not so long ago. It occurred to me while watching it that all the people they showed had kind of "elvish" features, perhaps this is why?
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard all that much, but, from what I have, it is my opinion that:

Goldie Lookin' Chain are SHITE.
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
I've not heard all that much, but, from what I have, it is my opinion that:

Goldie Lookin' Chain are SHITE.

disco - I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THAT!!!!!
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are perhaps missing the point that they are possibly not being entirely serious Smile
anyway rapping in a Welsh accent sounds no more ridiculous than all these American spastics going "Ah yeh, ah ur, yeh" all the time.

I reckon they're quite funny in a one trick pony kind of way!

Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 00:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubya - T wrote:

Explain please.... Smile

Now, please don't take this the wrong way Tommy but now you mention Tolkein basing his Elvish on Finnish, I saw a news item about how healthy all you Finns are not so long ago. It occurred to me while watching it that all the people they showed had kind of "elvish" features, perhaps this is why?

Tolkien visited Finland a couple of times and was interested in our folklore and the national epic Kalevala . I don't think there's anything like that in English literature. I read an interesting article about the similarities between the Lord of the Rings and Kalevala some time ago - there were some good examples of where Tolkien had clearly been influenced by the Finnish folklore. (to be honest, I don't know Kalevala well enough even though I've read it!Embarassed)
Tolkien wasn't only a good writer, he was a well-known linguistic as well - he even knew the basics of the old Finnish language. (old Finnish is quite difficult to read actually and it reminds me a bit of Welsh) Tolkien wrote some articles about the Finnish language so he obviously knew quite a lot about it.
About the Elven (Elvish?) language - it's really not that hard to see some little similarities between that and my language. The sentence structure is quite similar and Tolkien has even borrowed some words from Finnish. I've even seen my second name in some of those Elven poems... Smile

-tommy half-elf boo-

Idea
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 08:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure as hell doesn't sound Elvish when they speak it in the movies anyway, while Finnish sounds like a comedy show Elvish sounds very...romantic.

What does that Goldie Lookin Chain thing mean?

I have no idea how healthy Finns are, but their alcohol consumption is increasing.

L&P
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
It sure as hell doesn't sound Elvish when they speak it in the movies anyway, while Finnish sounds like a comedy show Elvish sounds very...romantic.

What does that Goldie Lookin Chain thing mean?

I have no idea how healthy Finns are, but their alcohol consumption is increasing.

L&P

Now I think about it, I think the news item was about how unhealthy the Finns were until they brought in some Government scheme to get everybody fit. Apparently it worked and they were talking of how it might work in the UK, since we are all a load of obese-binge-driniking-fag-smoking-good-for-nothing-bunch-of-lazy-fuckers that need Tony & his band of merry men to save us (quite where Prescott fits into this I'm not entirely sure).
Perhaps I'll Google it and see if I can find out what I'm on about.

Alcohol consumption can be explained by all that Absolut & Finlandia Vodka lying around Very Happy

I think the GLC thing means that some think they are shite whereas I think the GLC are a comedy act and do a good job of making all these 50 Cents and Jay-Z's and what have you look more ridiculous than they already are!

Do the Swedes look upon the Finns in a similar way that the English traditionally look upon the Irish and the French look upon the Belgians?
I get this sense of inter-scandinavian rivalry here! Where do the Norweigans fit into all of this?
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 08:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note, Absolut is Swedish, not Finnish.
The reason their alcohol comsumption is increasing is apparently due to a changed laws (which I'm unsure of but they can buy more liquor these days when they go abroad).
Same thing is happening in Sweden.

"Do the Swedes look upon the Finns in a similar way that the English traditionally look upon the Irish and the French look upon the Belgians?
I get this sense of inter-scandinavian rivalry here! Where do the Norweigans fit into all of this?"

Well, Finland is not part of Scandinavia, you'll find Finns who say it, but it's not. Denmark, Norway and Sweden are.

I think yes, Swedes generally look down a little on Finland but not nearly as much as towards Norway and Denmark. We have many Norway jokes.

Most Swedes just find Finland to be an odd, off, funny place. They are a special breed Wink

There is no rivalry from Sweden's point of view towards these countries because 'we' are already better...hehehe...(this is sometimes the air I can feel when people talk about these countries, I don't actually feel it myself).
Also, I don't feel Tomi is a rival, I just think Finnish (and Danish) is an ugly language. But I don't discriminate, I feel that about most languages, like Persian which I myself speak.

Personally I don't mind either of the three countries, if I couldn't live in Sweden I'd like to live in any of the other northern countries.
But I always want Norway, Denmark and Finland to lose every single game they play in sports...haha...I don't know why. But when Finland win in football it's a little okay because they're not that threatning.

On TV all commentators are always very pro our neighbours btw, but I don't know that many people who really cheered when Denmark won the Euro92.

Any more questions?

Love & Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3