bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Greetings from Tommybooland!
Greetings from Tommybooland!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 19:29    Post subject: Greetings from Tommybooland! Reply with quote

Hello!
It's been a while since I last posted anything here. Well, that's a long while for me at least. I've been quite busy lately with everything, I started a new course "Digital audio editing" for example, it should be quite interesting but a lot of work too. Does anyone know how to use Sonic Foundry Sound Forge or Adobe Audition ? Rolling Eyes I haven't tried those two before and they both look quite complicated!
Apart from being very busy, my life is good enough at the moment. I wasn't very well after Christmas but I'm better now. The bc chrimbo single is ace, even though I thought it's a bit silly at first. I played 'Weaponized' to a friend of mine the other day and she liked it a lot - excellent.
I bought three new additions to my Elliott Smith collection - Either/Or CD, Elliott Smith CD (the first album?) and Pretty (Ugly Before) 7" single. They're all ace and I've been listening to them a lot. I still haven't got the new album though, what is it like?

Thanks everyone, keep it cool. And a special hi to all new members.

TomiBoo! x

Idea
pscenario

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Forge is superb. With most industry-standard music programs the user interface is guff, but once you get used to its quirks it becomes an incredibly comprehensive tool for sampling. Its real strengths are the more advanced options like the Acoustic Mirror, which models the real sound (i.e. natural reverb) of an environment or a device. Great for faking that Festival Rawk sound, or the tone of an expensive valve mic Wink
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

That postcards sold it to me, we're off to tommyboo land for our hols this year now! Better get the kettle back down to the ground though man 'cos i don't like the thought of me mornin' cuppa dissapearing into the air.....
gillworm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* @ that postcard, though it should be TommyBootifulland ...I'm looking forward to those ES albums too Wink

xxxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

pscenario wrote:
Sound Forge is superb. With most industry-standard music programs the user interface is guff, but once you get used to its quirks it becomes an incredibly comprehensive tool for sampling. Its real strengths are the more advanced options like the Acoustic Mirror, which models the real sound (i.e. natural reverb) of an environment or a device. Great for faking that Festival Rawk sound, or the tone of an expensive valve mic Wink

Hmmm. I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Audition today. It took ages from me to register first (it couldn't be downloaded without registration) and then I found out that it's just a 30-day trial! argh. Bastards, they'll pay for this - I'm going to download the full version! Ha! Rolling Eyes (and I'm not going to pay £300 for that!)
Anyway, I tried it and it seems to be quite simple to use... the user interface isn't that great though!
I might download Sound Forge later as well, I've tried it before and it seemed to be quite OK.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use SoundForge, it's great. The older versions were a bit annoying as when you cut and pasted anything over about 10 mins long it took ages, but in the newer versions (6 onwards?) they've changed it to use some kind of virtual copying so it works far better. I rate it a lot for editing sounds, it's the only one I use.

...and I too love the postcard Tommy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1