bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - New Coldplay and White Stripes tunes
New Coldplay and White Stripes tunes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 03:02    Post subject: New Coldplay and White Stripes tunes Reply with quote

Just heard them both for the first time. White Stripes sounds like same old stuff and the appeal is wearing off for me. There really isn't all that much you can do with just drums and guitar is there? And I thought Coldplay were meant to sound like Kraftwerk now, they don't, they still sound like Coldplay. I'm a bit underwhelmed by both of them on first listen. And its raining. And I'm didn't get the Pope job.
Hew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck me. First of all i liked the oasis single and now i like the new coldplay one. Its nearly time for the new singles club innit. Quick. Please. Help.
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coldplay tune is pretty much exactly what I expected.... I decent pop tune that's not gonna change the world, but will probably sound good on the Pyramid stage come June.

Much better than the Oasis effort though
John M

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 04:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coldplay single is nothing like I expected, I thought they'd come back with something really odd.

The new Gorillaz single, on the other hand, is ace - I've been listening to it all afternoon. Its got a rap bit half way through like an early 90's Stock, Aitken and Waterman track and that can only be a good thing. Damon Albarn knows how to do comeback singles.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 07:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon also has a great anagram, Dan Abnormal. You can't be that clever with my name.

Love & Peace
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about:
Ever Hesitant Juan

or...
Sue 'The Jet' Nirvana
or...
Juanita 'The Nerves'

...and if a certain Wake Up b-side was more famous we could all venerate 'Janus' hit too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White Stripes song is awesome its got so much energy and sneer to it the kind of sonfg that makes leather trousers seem like a good idea, not heard the new coldplay one but im sure its pleasant, Blue Orchid rocks all christendom and Jack White should be king. Guitars still rule, so long as they are made to howl.
Anyone looking forward to the new Coral album? man I love that band a little too much. And the flaming lips have got new stuff coming out too, I hope its a little less polished than Yoshimi but Im sure itll be beautifull.
Vast Aire from Cannibal Ox has got a new album out too, and Mike Pattons made and album with the Xecutioners too, thats not really of any relevence but its exciting.

The new Gorrillas song is nice, but I prefered Del to the MC's theyve got on this one.
The new Kanye West song rocks too, hip hop seems to be picking up again.
mr firesky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most sincerely dislike The White Stripes. Far too knowing and ultimately tuneless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coldplay: are shite
The White Stripes: are shite

disco' has spoken. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1