bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Born on the 4th Of July
Born on the 4th Of July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:

but just remove "Tomorrow" for example (that would be my choice, "Superintendent" is better anyway)

And Comb Your Hair. That's one of the safest most boring choices on the whole anthology, and probably the worst song on the whole of Kingsize. I've no idea why it's on there.

So yeah, Tomorrow and Comb yer hair replaced with Superintendent. Sorted!

xxx
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

radio edits?

you want radio edits?

forget i asked.

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can put more songs on the compilation that way. Rolling Eyes
The radio edit (which is probably the same as the one on the single) of 'Kingsize' is only about 30 seconds shorter than the album version, and 'Ride the Tiger' (probably the single version too) is 3 minutes shorter... er... oops! Very Happy
Oh well, I don't know Martin, but I think you should do some compromises and choose some single edits as well... especially 'Find the Answer Within', you know why... Wink
katieken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollock to radio edits, they are shite, a crap form of censorship. A song should be heard how it was made to be heard, not for a load of wankers to cut to make it more convienient to play in a certain amount of time to a certain level of person. Fuck it why not have the proper versons of the tunes, even if it means less tracks. Its only right.
Anyway edits sound silly, I mean when MTV play Rage Against the Machine, they cut it as he's about to swear silly. They'd be better off not plaing it at all really. Same as Creep with 'very' being used.
Mind you some edits work, particularly if it's Cliff Richard, Phil Collins, or Marylin Manson. the sooner their songs finish the better really. In fact edit those down to thirty seconds.
Hew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard this isn't it. Why do the singles have to be on it? Does Alan Mcgee have any invovlement in this? Its going to be ace whatever gets cut off i just hope you keep Put your arms aound me and tell me everything is ok on it. innit.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "Comb Your Hair", there's something very heartfelt and yet comfortig about the line 'we may never feel this young again, let's not waste the time we have left...'.

Love & Peace

P.S. I'm not saying I would or wouldn't pick it for an anthology.
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin

Put all the names of all your tunes (with running length) ever on scraps of paper, put them in that daft yellow smiley hat you wore on the nme cover back in 95 to get the vibe or summat and draw them out til you get 160 minutes and,voila, a 2 cd comp that can't fail to be ace.

Cos you can't please all the people all the time (and is there any regular visitor to this board who ain't got all yr stuff and every conceivable version/remix?)... cept me!

And anyway I reckon we're all waiting for the new bc album and the singles club more...
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forbes Hyphen wrote:

And anyway I reckon we're all waiting for the new bc album and the singles club more...

Innit!
paulwhite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't you just get rid of the 'music for astronauts' and 'blues for george micheal'? rather than sacrifice a lot of songs. Personally these aren't my favourite boos songs.

The fact that 'Everything Is Sorrow' is not in there is absolutely criminal, one of me favourite songs ever ever ever.

pd.x
flamingboo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. the 1st 2 tracks are really non essential boo stuffs. everything is sorrow should have been there.
joel & four tracks maybe stronger tracks but i consider it makes more sense to listen these songs on their respective album.
And pls, do not remove 'Put yr arm ..' and 'Comb yr hair' ....

Anyway, Martin, yr the capitain here; we will all abide by yr final selection!!
Grumble

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a third disc is the only solution.
Melodies for the deaf and get on the bus could fit on it (thanks).
Well, I don't care, the only song i don't know is put your arms... so if it remains on the comp, it will be great.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grumble wrote:

I agree. Very Happy

One more thing about the single edits etc. I'm not a big fan of them but on a compilation like this I think it could probably work. But I've never made a successful album so please don't listen to my advice. Wink

"Wake Up Boo: Music For Astronauts" is pretty cool so I think it should remain, but the ones that I could consider removing would be "Blues For George Michael" (I love it but it's nearly 9 mins) , Joel (again, I love it but there are others that I'd love to see on the compilation instead) , "Tomorrow"... Bollocks, I think I like them all. Sad

B Confused Confused
mr firesky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, YES! we have no Bananas (Northside "baggy" remix 1991).

It's A BLOODY DISGRACE!
BeeOK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 03:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
Grumble wrote:

I agree. Very Happy

I totally agree with that and wrote it out on the I Love Music board:
The only thing I’m disappointed in is only one non-single from the Everything’s Alright Forever album but then what do you take off? The only proper thing would have been to cut the seven B-sides and put album tracks instead. Than add a third CD with B-sides and unreleased stuff. So I can only hope that in the future we get a Boo’s Box Set.

No single edits, I rather not even hear the song than have the edit version of it. I did the same thing Tommy did and came up with 84:30 but I used all the long versions. My math has to be wrong because it was late at night and can’t be shorter with longer songs.

Just to let you know Martin, people do care out there and were over 60 responses about this on two different threads on I Love Music alone. Here’s one: "i'm so happy that this is coming out and that the boos' back catalogue is being treated with nothing but respect. this is a brilliant cross section of their work and i'm very happy that they've included non-obvious gems like…"
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 08:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is l love music?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6