bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
dave just copied my michael owen post and switched his name for gerrards Wink

i haven't checked but i suspect that may be true! Very Happy

i think everyone always thought owen would leave one day, but it looked like gerrard would stay being a fan and all... so it's harder to take. oh well.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO (1 week ago) wrote:
Juventus V Liverpool sounds very much like a goalless draw!

Very Happy

I'm glad that Juve's ultra-defensive tactics weren't enough tonight, I think they got what they deserved. I'm surprised that they had gone this far with 1-0 wins, but fortunately we might see more interesting games in semi finals:

Chelsea - Liverpool
AC Milan - Lyon/PSV Eindhoven

Hopefully all the Liverpool fans get home OK, Italian teams must be pretty close from being banned from European football now. It's about time that UEFA does something about Italian hooligans as well, the problem is much bigger in Spain and Italy and other South and East European countries than in England nowadays.

So, congratulations for Liverpool. Sami Hyypiä - man of the match tonight? Very Happy
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
John M

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 02:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy indeed, I couldn't be happier! I spent the first half feeling really miserable cos I was utterly convinced that we'd get beat, probably one-nil. But during the second half it slowly dawned on me that Juventus weren't actually that good and didn't have many ideas and I became merely nervous. The last ten minutes were horrible even though they didn't create anything, I"m so glad we're through.

I thought Biscan was great again last night, I particularly like the way he didn't over react when a couple of dodgy tackles went on him. Loads of players start mouthing off and kicking people when that sort of thing happen but he kept his cool.

We've managed to get to the Champions League semi's with half our team injured, just imagine how good we'll be when we get everyone back!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dave and adam w. if you tried to text last night i have a new phone (and a terrible hangover) and i cant find my old one with yr numbers on it. it's around here somewhere. (send us yr numbers thru the pm) i'm really, really happy but i do think we were very lucky that they were so shit. we can't keep the ball half the time, nuniez is cack, we wasted every free kick that we had in their half.
the butterflies were so bad last night from about 79 minutes in and the last three were slow death, much like kaiser chiefs. mind you, i'm not scared of chelsea at all, all you need is a couple of blokes at the back who can head the ball and yr laughing (ok, traore ducks most of the time). but i would take this to be honest, if anyone had said to me at the beginning of the season that we would be in the semi final of the european cup i would have slapped them silly and phoned for the butterfly nets. blah blah, i'm very happy

mx
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
the last ten minutes wasn't easy watching for me, but it could have been a lot worse than it was. Sami as MOTM is a fair call. Carragher, Finnan, Alonso and Biscan all had good games too. Just glad they didn't need to score!
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
i'm really, really happy but i do think we were very lucky that they were so shit. we can't keep the ball half the time, nuniez is cack, we wasted every free kick that we had in their half.
the butterflies were so bad last night from about 79 minutes in and the last three were slow death, much like kaiser chiefs. mind you, i'm not scared of chelsea at all, all you need is a couple of blokes at the back who can head the ball and yr laughing (ok, traore ducks most of the time). but i would take this to be honest, if anyone had said to me at the beginning of the season that we would be in the semi final of the european cup i would have slapped them silly and phoned for the butterfly nets. blah blah, i'm very happy

mx

they weren't great, but you can only beat who you play, and a load of credit must go to the redmen for making them look ordinary. i think juve played better at times in the first leg - some of their one-touch passing and movement was awesome. i think we deserved to go through for the first 30 mins at anfield.

i wasn't really close enough to the tv in the pub to see who was who all the time, so it's hard to say who did well and badly. the defence looked pretty solid, but their "distribution" - ie lump it anywhere - has let us down this season when we've needed to attack.

hopefully with alonso back we can get back to some possession football soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 23:30    Post subject: disco' blathers: Reply with quote

the inside of the Nou Camp isn't half bad a view. not least when it's full of people and stuff.

that is all.
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take that Coventry, Teach you to waste fuckin time like that.

I made it the 7th minute of added on time.

we're not going down...

just had to get it off my chest
mr firesky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi Liverpool fans! Your team let the baggies down AGAIN yesterday!

Is there some sort of conspiracy here? You keep thrashing us and then losing to all the other relegation fodder.

Its going to the wire methinks.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's robson mate. he needs to go down.

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Everton win their one game in hand (against Fulham away), Liverpool can already say goodbye to next season's Champions League because then the Reds will already be 7 points behind Everton with only 3 games left.

The relegation battle in the Premier League is very exciting. Crystal Palace, Norwich, West Brom and Southampton, I think the others are already safe now, so which one of those will be lucky enough to play in the Premier League next season?
John M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 03:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

listened to the match on saturday, we created nothing! we're incredibly inconsistent, if Chelsea knock us out its going to be a massive comedown, we're suddenly going to be a midtable Premiership team instead of one of the best 4 in Europe.

whats the word on the street about who were going to sign in the summer? I haven't heard us linked with anyone.

Not sure who I want to stay up, its all gone a bit wrong for Harry hasn't it, i thought they'd stay up, pompey would go down and he'd be the smuggest man in the world but it doesn't look like it will work out like that. i want palace to stay up, i like iain dowie.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
(did you ever see Hyypiä's goal vs Juventus??)

Finally saw it today. Very Happy
Will Liverpool play tomorrow or on Wednesday?
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

first leg is at stamford bridge on wednesday, second leg at anfield next tuesday (3 may).

for some reason i have it in my head that we'll win this tie, so no doubt it will end in tears.

not that i'll be able to see from what looks like an obstructed view ticket in lower anny road. fucking ticket office. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 67 of 143