bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Find The Way Out cover and tracklist revealed
Find The Way Out cover and tracklist revealed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rbn_BCN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:36    Post subject: Find The Way Out cover and tracklist revealed Reply with quote

http://www.nme.com/news/112104.htm

THE BOO RADLEYS are to release an anthology of their work on July 4.

The double CD package ’Find The Way Out’, will feature album tracks, newly remastered singles, B-side rarities and unreleased songs spanning the 1990s.

The release will come with artwork by the band’s original designer Stephen Wood, and will feature tracks including the Top Ten hit ’Wake Up Boo!’ and the indie anthem ’Lazarus’.

In addition to the best of their Creation recordings (1992-1998), the album will include six rare pre-Creation tracks for the Action and Rough Trade labels, including songs from their very limited debut album ’Ichabod And I’.

The ’Find The Way Out’ tracklisting runs:

CD1

‘Walking 5th Carnival’
‘Catweazle’
‘Hip Clown Rag’
‘Kaleidoscope’
‘The Finest Kiss’
‘Everybird’
‘Lazy Day’
‘Spaniard’
‘Does This Hurt’
‘Sunfly II: Walking With The Kings’
‘Buffalo Bill’
‘Lazarus’ (12" version)
‘Let Me Be Your Faith’
‘Thinking Of Ways’
‘Best Lose The Fear’
‘I Hang Suspended’
‘I've Lost The Reason’
'Wish I Was Skinny’
‘Cracked Lips/Homesick’
‘Barney (…And Me)’

CD2

‘Wake Up Boo: Music For Astronauts’
‘Blues For George Michael’
‘Find The Answer Within’
‘Joel’
‘It's Lulu’
‘Reaching Out From Here’
‘From The Bench At Belvidere’
‘Nearly Almost There’
‘What's In The Box? (See Watcha Got)’
‘Four Saints’
‘New Brighton Promenade’
‘C'mon Kids’
‘Ride The Tiger’
‘Vote You’
‘Free Huey’
‘Kingsize’
‘Comb Your Hair’
‘Tomorrow’
‘Put Your Arms Around Me And Tell Me Everything’s Gonna Be OK’
‘Blueroom In Archway’
mr firesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaahhh Just had a look at it and felt a bit sad. Diehards have a look at the new cover and pretend that its a brand new CD by the Boos and tell me you don't get a little lump....(in your throat not your trousers)
morpha2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

is Tomorrow an unreleased track? I dont think i've heard of it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 18:36    Post subject: disco' informs: Reply with quote

it was an extra track on the pressed but unreleased 'Kingsize' single. To be found on the promo, if yr lucky. It's a cover version too.

There'll have to be a Rarities compilation next, coz, as good as Tomorrow is, Superintendent, which is also on that promo, is even better... and one of the best Boos 'b-sides' ever, in my opinion
Cool
boo_babe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear they've got this new 2CD album coming out. Just wish they were releasing it sooner! But I've already pre-ordered my copy of it on Amazon. Can't w8 to get it tho!
Top song on this compilation, for me, has to be "The Finest Kiss"! wat bout u?
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too hard to choose, although I do have a certain fondness for Lazy Day.

It was the first Boos song I heard. It just comes in, throws you round the room a few times before going out in a whirlwind and dumping you on the kitchen floor with a big stupid grin on your face....Or something!

I remember thinking that it was too short and for precisely that reason it was genius!

I'm off for a root through the big box of CD's now!
boo_babe

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 19:41    Post subject: Lazy Day Reply with quote

Each time I listen to "Lazy Day" (which is almost everyday), it puts a huge smile on my face Very Happy . It's the kind of song that makes u wanna dance, shake your head, play the tune making sounds with your mouth, or something similar. I do agree, it's genius! Any other favourites Dubya - T?
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, off the top of my head:

Also from Everything's Alright....
Skyscraper. The guitar solo at the end is magic. The notes Martin hits between 3:58 and 4:01 still sound incredible.

Lazarus - The way it builds through the dub intro before the horns burst in, and for verging on pompous but having the confidence to carry it off!

Wish I was skinny for being the best pop song out of Liverpool since I wanna hold your hand.
In fact most of Giant Steps come to that.

From Wake Up it would be:
Reaching Out From Here and Stuck On Amber. I really identified with those songs when they were current. Also Blues For George Michael from the WUB! single.

C'mon Kids:
probably Four Saints and Ride the Tiger. I love the way Four Saints changes gear throughout the song but it never sounds disjointed. Ride The Tiger for the interlude in the middle. That's what was great about the Boos. They could have just had a straightforward song but they were always doing something different and when it worked it was fantastic.

Kingsize:
This album should have been huge! They should have been headlining festivals after this. Just imagine Glastonbury, the sun going down, and the Boos are on the main stage belting out the title track. The summer hit that never was...
Eurostar too is a beautiful song, full of longing. Simple, but without being an "obligatory ballad".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1