bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The F*ck Me, My Teams In The Champions League Final Thread
The F*ck Me, My Teams In The Champions League Final Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John M

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 02:45    Post subject: The F*ck Me, My Teams In The Champions League Final Thread Reply with quote

Tommy, I know this should be in the FOOTBALL thread but I've just read the by laws of the board and whenever a team containing Traore and Biscan reaches the Champions League final it is allowed its own thread.

Did anyone see this coming? Anyone have a bet on us before the start of the season? Even our captain said we couldn't do it earlier in the season and i remember reading one article at the beginning of the season slagging off Liverpool and saying they were possibly the least deserving side EVER to qualify for the champions league due to the distance they finished behind Arsenal last year. I assumed this would be a season of consolidation (which it has been in the league) and certainly didn't expect us to end up as one of the best two teams in Europe. At the end of the day no-one really knows anything about football. Apart from Rafa who knows everything. Except how to beat Burnley.

I'm incredibly happy, roll on May 26.
John M

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 02:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave W - how was the game for you and how obstructed was your view? It sounded great on the TV, massively intimidating, even the big flags on the pitch during the 'Champions League Anthem' looked cool. If Gudjonsen had scored with that shot at the end I would have made it my lifes work to track down and kill those dickheads who ran on the pitch and delayed the game resulting in all that injury time.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 08:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

john, mate, the final is the 25th not the 26th. i'll be onstage in wrexham.

stupid hate filled world Wink

mx
boo_babe

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

liverpool played really well last nite, and overall, deserved to win, but that last chance for chelsea by Gudjohnson was pretty bloody close!! and i still wander how the hell he missed it! but glad to see that liverpool are in the final. altho, if they don't play the way they did in the first and second leg against chelsea, then i dont think they have any chance of winnin. but the best of luck to the team! Very Happy
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

for bravecaptain on the 25th:

http://www.aver.com/products/tvtuner_avertv_cardbus.shtml

or failing that, perhaps we should expect a 15 minute set starting at 8.47 and finishing at 9.02 that night!
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 19:02    Post subject: Re: The F*ck Me, My Teams In The Champions League Final Thre Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Did anyone see this coming? Anyone have a bet on us before the start of the season?

no. my pre-season bets were liverpool to finish top of the league, excluding the top 3 (d'oh!) and everton to get relegated (D'OH!)
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Dave W - how was the game for you and how obstructed was your view? It sounded great on the TV, massively intimidating, even the big flags on the pitch during the 'Champions League Anthem' looked cool. If Gudjonsen had scored with that shot at the end I would have made it my lifes work to track down and kill those dickheads who ran on the pitch and delayed the game resulting in all that injury time.

it wasn't actually an obstructed view in the end, but it was right in the corner of anny road, with a great view of the lower centenary. i was just in a strop when i posted that, cos the ticket office had put me there for this and in upper centenary for juve after 10 years of going to virtually every game in the kop.

it would have been great to be on the kop, but the whole ground was singing. it was amazing. singing so loud in anny road i couldn't hear the kop at all most of the time, even though you could tell they were singing something else from the clapping rythmn(!)

were there any chelsea fans there? i couldn't see them, and honestly didn't hear them at all.

istanbul, istanbul.
we're the greatest team in europe and we're going to istanbul Very Happy
(ticket office permitting, natch)
John M

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:

mx

Mmm, it will be on the 26th here due to the crazy time difference thing. Can't you just stick 'allonewordsmallbee' on and have the match on a big screen behind you?

I saw the first half of the PSV game and its a pity they didn't get through, it'll be tough to beat Milan but anything is possible. I'm very jealous that you might be going to the final Dave, it should be an amazing day.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 07:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, if we're going to attack for ten minutes and then play so deep we're in the car park for the remainder i would rather be onstage making music. p.s.v showed last night that milan need to be attacked and not given time to play their game. mind you, we went for it in the uefa cup final a few years ago and that bleedin' game nearly sent me over the edge.

i've just heard on the radio that flights will be around £500 minimum and that all the hotels have been booked by agencies who can now charge as much as they like. greed is like air now, don't breathe too deep.

mx
katieken

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it would be risky to go to Istanbul?If Chelsea had have got there, there is no way I'd even consider going, I'd get too frightened(i am a girl!). My husband went over there years ago when we played Galatasaraay and apparently they were trying to stab everyone as soon as the fans got off the plane.
trigfa

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:

mx

Well I'm relieved that you're going to be in Wrexham, because I'll be in the audience.

Any idea what time you'll be on stage as I have an hours drive to get there and I dont want to miss any of your set. Turned up late when SFA played Liverpool last year and missed the beginning of Zabrinski Sad
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

<< My husband went over there years ago when we played Galatasaraay and apparently they were trying to stab everyone as soon as the fans got off the plane. >>

Did he get anyone?

Not sure what time I'm on in Wrexham but I know what time I won't be on.

mx
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
i've just heard on the radio that flights will be around £500 minimum and that all the hotels have been booked by agencies who can now charge as much as they like. greed is like air now, don't breathe too deep.

i read that agencies have booked 100,000 hotel rooms for the game. ground capacity = 70,000. could be some cheap places going nearer the time for people brave enough to wait. or maybe it doesn't work like that.

it's not going to be a cheap trip from any point of view. match tickets are about £35-£100. but what can you do? who's to say when/if we might get to the final next? (would have been nicer if they could have waited til next year, as the final's in paris...)
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

trigfa wrote:
Turned up late when SFA played Liverpool last year

late? I missed the whole thing. What was the final score? Confused
John M

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends is going to the final and his ticket is going to cost him 500 quid. Plus he's living in Tokyo right now so will have to pay for the airfare from there. Hopefully it won't be a once in a lifetime experience but it could well be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4