bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The F*ck Me, My Team Won The Champions League Thread
The F*ck Me, My Team Won The Champions League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 04:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read a scary report that we're considering buying Peter Crouch. Peter Crouch! I'd rather we got Heskey back. I also saw that we might be in for Raul, I've never really rated him but him and Morrientes seemed to do alright at Real together.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read that rafa thinks crouch is the man to sort out our lightweight away performances in the league. it's been in the echo, so maybe has some credibility. i don't think he's a bad player - "good touch for a big fella" Rolling Eyes , but not exactly what i was hoping for.

i don't know much about raul either, but he's obviously a quality player, though maybe a bad influence as he seems a bit too powerful (and therefore undroppable at real, even when others are playing better).
Xabi's feet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Rafa we trust Very Happy
AdamW [guesting it]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, in Chester we raft.
John M

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 01:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
i read that rafa thinks crouch is the man to sort out our lightweight away performances in the league. it's been in the echo, so maybe has some credibility. i don't think he's a bad player - "good touch for a big fella" Rolling Eyes , but not exactly what i was hoping for.

i don't know much about raul either, but he's obviously a quality player, though maybe a bad influence as he seems a bit too powerful (and therefore undroppable at real, even when others are playing better).

Maybe Crouch would be OK but I'd like to see him do it for another season in the Premiership before we sign him, same with Andy Johnson. To be honest I've not seen enough of us lately to know what our problem is in the league. I think that is we can get Morrientes and Cisse working together then that could potentially be an amazing partnership, Morrientes is good in the air and Cisse is quick and has cool hair. But with Baros looking likely to leave and Mellor gone we're definitely going to have to sign a couple of strikers of the summer anyway.

The Pellogrino signing was a weird one, i assumed he'd be given a coaches role at the end of the season but I've just read that he's been released.
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 09:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffield United have put seven first team players on the transfer list.

You could do a lot worse Wink
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
To be honest I've not seen enough of us lately to know what our problem is in the league. I think that is we can get Morrientes and Cisse working together then that could potentially be an amazing partnership, Morrientes is good in the air and Cisse is quick and has cool hair. But with Baros looking likely to leave and Mellor gone we're definitely going to have to sign a couple of strikers of the summer anyway.

The Pellogrino signing was a weird one, i assumed he'd be given a coaches role at the end of the season but I've just read that he's been released.

to me it seemed as though most of the problems were motivation/attitude. if we'd played against crystal palace, southampton etc like we did against juve at anfield i don't think we'd have lost those games. there was also a bit of lack of quality - players like pellegrino, biscan, nunez couldn't be expected to win games when the big players were off form or injured.

cisse/morientes could be a good partnership, but rafa seems very keen on his 4-5-1, and i wouldn't say either of those could be a link player. maybe the system will change or maybe we'll get some players who fit it a bit better. too often the 1 was a bit isolated in that formation.

has mellor left? i heard that he might be, but nothing definite. maybe i missed it. didn't rate him that highly as an all round player but he got goals when he was given a run of games last year.

don't know what rafa saw in pellegrino at all. maybe he's human after all. Wink
John M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 01:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
Sheffield United have put seven first team players on the transfer list.

You could do a lot worse Wink

One of the players is Danny Cadamarteri, he scored against us in a derby a few years ago and was meant to be the future of English football. But then he wasn't. Maybe we can revive his career, I'm sure he'd be welcomed with open arms at Anfield.

Dave w. wrote:

to me it seemed as though most of the problems were motivation/attitude. if we'd played against crystal palace, southampton etc like we did against juve at anfield i don't think we'd have lost those games. there was also a bit of lack of quality - players like pellegrino, biscan, nunez couldn't be expected to win games when the big players were off form or injured.

cisse/morientes could be a good partnership, but rafa seems very keen on his 4-5-1, and i wouldn't say either of those could be a link player. maybe the system will change or maybe we'll get some players who fit it a bit better. too often the 1 was a bit isolated in that formation.

has mellor left? i heard that he might be, but nothing definite. maybe i missed it. didn't rate him that highly as an all round player but he got goals when he was given a run of games last year.

don't know what rafa saw in pellegrino at all. maybe he's human after all. Wink

I think the dodgy results we were getting near the end of the season must have been due to the players having one eye on upcoming champions league games, if we'd been knocked out early in the competition I'd like to think we'd have got closer to Everton. Plus, we were unlucky with injuries as well earlier in the season, at one stage we had no strikers fit. We're 20-1 to win the league next year which seems worth having a bet on.

However I"m gonna be back in England for the start of next season so you can guarantee that our quality home form of last season will go out of the window and we'll be back to the sparkling displays of Houlliers last year in charge. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I thought I'd read that Mellor had gone to West Brom but i've just checked and it was merely speculated and guess work. I think we should give him another season to try to prove himself, he scores so many goals in reserves and was willing to run his arse off when he did play. Plus he scored that goal against Arsenal and also against Olympiakos and is therefore OK by me.

I just hope we don't go down the road of signing a load of mediocre English players in the belief that they'll be more 'up for it' in the Premiership. I think thats what Wenger tried to do when he brought in 'Fox In The Box' Jeffers and that didn't exactly work out very well for him.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

do y'all like my new signature?
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 00:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice, Dave Wink

what's this about a blue badge on the sleeve next season, and forever more, to acknowledge the fact they've won the European Cup 5 times? I mean, blue ?! Confused

stuff that, I might go over to Anfield again soon, it's been a while (and I've watched from all sides of the ground except the Kop, something I have to rectify!)
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really arsed about having blue on the kit if it means 5 times european champions! it's not that great a badge, but the symbolism can't be beat. could be a while before anyone else in england has this on their shirts...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2