bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Feel the hate well up inside.
Feel the hate well up inside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tacolad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 03:12    Post subject: Feel the hate well up inside. Reply with quote

Le sigh. 10 minutes away from having to leave for another miserable DJ gig wherein I'll be forced to play 50 Cent and Britney Spears all night long for gyrating 20-somethings... and a random play button on the iPod turns up - out of 2500 possibilities - The White Noise (Revisited.) And life is - at least for the time being - perfect.

Sorry to waste space. Just had to share. Thanks for that track, Cap'n. It may have just salvaged my weekend.

-shanexcellent
dot com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

sod yer crowd n play wot yer want.
had great fun in bath last thurs, dj's in Moles were the first i've ever heard playing My Bloody Valentine in a club. no one danced but, heck, it was class.
AdamW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DJ every Friday night and don't play a single, solitary tune 'for the crowd'. I'm lucky because that's the policy that the owner has given me the freedom to adopt. I've been doing it in the same place for 8 years, or so, and - at first - in the early days, there were threats of violence [always amusing when some meathead bawls, "Who the fuck do you think you are? Play Kylie, or I'll twat you!", at you] - but the night is renowned now for playing a very broad range of music that includes - with regularity - My Bloody Valentine... and people actually dance to 'em as well [as long as it's Soon, that is].

If the venue won't give you the freedom to play what you love, and won't let you share that enthusiasm with the crowd, then it's - obviously - the wrong venue for you. I know it's difficult to get regular DJ'ing gigs; but if you're good enough, and persistent enough, you'll find one.

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1