bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - bc - eyeless in canton - this Sunday night, BBC Radio Wales
bc - eyeless in canton - this Sunday night, BBC Radio Wales
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 14:30    Post subject: bc - eyeless in canton - this Sunday night, BBC Radio Wales Reply with quote

24 minutes 47 seconds of maverick mix genius... pickpocketing the youngbloods, lil kim, ikonz, willie nelson, akira the don, the beatles and more - all gloriously underpinned by new sounds from the captain himself.

It's unmissable.

Unless, of course, you miss it...

It will be broadcast sometime between 23:00 and 23:59hrs on Sunday 16th October on BBC Radio Wales - 93 - 96 & 104FM, 882 / 657khz MW, channel 867 on your Sky Box [if you have one].

It will also be streamed via the BBC's radio player:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/radiowales select 'Adam Walton' from the drop-down menu.

The show will be available from the online radio player for up to a week after broadcast.

Enjoy. I certainly am Cool

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
joeloke22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool hey Adam,
here's a link i use to listen to Radio Wales live: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/live/rwg2.ram
AdamW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Joe ;0)

joeloke22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

yr welcome. Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe, I would have forgotten the whole thing without you.

Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell - Did you just delete your post Joe that you posted about 5 minutes ago, or is it all happening in my head again?! Laughing
joeloke22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops!....

here ya are mate: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/live/rwg2.ram
joeloke22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed sorry 'bout that Tommy BOO.......

anyway, i hope you enjoy the show. Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Joe, I already clicked the link before you deleted it.
I was just wondering where it suddenly disappeared! Laughing

I'm currently trying to figure out how to record this on mp3... Twisted Evil
joeloke22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm......the only thing i know how to do is storing it or makin' it a file by 'right clicking' it and going to 'save target as' then choosing the file of choice 'desktop' or 'my documents' etc.

sorry i could'nt be more of help.

anyway, good luck recordin' it! Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I already figured out how to do it.
There are two problems though. I don't know what the sound quality will be like, and looks like it'll eat up all free space on my hard drive too!

Exclamation
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to the mix:

two words:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW ALBUM!!

er, yeah

KinkInWetPants
xxx
stegger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb is what this is. loving it. particularly keen on the track with the 'say what you want' refrain.
any chance of a tracklist?
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bloke what writes the blogs on the other bit of this website wrote:
it's one of the best things I've ever done although looking at the board I don't think anyone bothered to listen

I spent most of sunday night trying to tune into Adam W on my wireless to no avail, i didn't realise how many Welsh stations there are out there, there's hundreds of them tucked away on the FM dial. Listened to it online in the end and its very good, its flows really well. I second that request for a set list.

Heard a new single on the radio tonight which had Cee Lo doing the vocals and was brill but i can't remember who it was by. I think it sounded like 'Nas' or 'Nash' but i've tried googling with no success. The first person to come up with the name of the single and post it on here will receive an "I Made John Mc Very Happy" T-shirt. Cee-Lo really needs to get around to updating his website.

Was gonna write stuff on other threads but i'm knackered after my first working week in ages so I'm just gonna plod on here instead. The start of new Strokes single reminds me of the theme tune of a TV show I think but i can't work that out either. The first person to name it...etc. etc. et.

www.thestrokes.com

If you're bored and have a spare 97p then buy 'Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom, by Nik Cohn which is currently available for that bargain price in Music Zone, its a history of rock/pop music written in 1969 - the Beatles were still together! Elvis lived! the Rolling Stone were still together!

Its interesting to see how the 60's were viewed at the time. The author says the Beatles were at their most exciting pre-Rubber Soul. He also accurately predicts that Cilla Black will become an national institution in the coming years, comparable to Gracie Fields and less accurately predicts that The Rolling Stones would split up soon, "They weren't meant to last, they weren't made to get old".

I suspect no-one is going to read this far but i've just thought of something else, does anyone else reckon that that last thing that John Peel would want as a tribute to him would be a compilation album of old songs? I'm sure everyone's intentions are good and the money will go to charity but it doesn't seem very in keeping with the spirit of the man, but what do i know.

This weekend I will be playing Pro Ev 5, drinking strong macho continental lager, doing a 10K run, marvelling at the next Djibril Cisse wonder goal and printing up T-shirts for the competition winners.

Have a good weekend y'all.
AdamW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, John - you can certainly hum the Munsters' theme over the top of the intro to the Strokes' new single.

I'll have a 'L' t-shirt, please ;0)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3