bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 21:55    Post subject: discoRdance says: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
http://213.251.138.75/379a3f18a4d8b1cef3fc6995c29ce42d/video/Fowler_100Goal.wmv

the first 100 goals. how many more to come i wonder...

thanks for that Dave, some classics in there. And that McManaman run against Ipswich was brilliant Very Happy

heard the Fowler news on the radio in a shop yesterday, biggest buzz since the CL final. He'll do okay if he stays fit

ahh, nostalgia.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeds nine points behind with a game in hand.

12 games to go.

Kinkster is getting very. Very. Worried.

xxx
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie Fowler being back at Liverpool pleases me so very much. I found out when a mate sent me a text message saying "Fowler has re-signed" and I read it as "Fowler has resigned" and thought he meant that he'd quit Man City and retired. I'm not a clever lad and should have paid more attention during English classes at school.

Now I see why he missed that penalty on the last day of the season for City, if he'd have scored then he'd have played in the UEFA Cup for them and would have been ineligible to play for us in Paris in May. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
Leeds nine points behind with a game in hand.

12 games to go.

Kinkster is getting very. Very. Worried.

xxx

it's the team in 6th you should be worried about - unbeaten in 25, and just 5 goals conceded in 17 games, and looking right up your ass (so to speak).

we're 16 points behind you with a game in hand - and you dropped 7 points in your last 3 games alone!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe that no one has mentioned liverpool's glorious fa cup victory over man united yet. or preston's bitter defeat against middlesbrough. or the sheffield derby where united were victorious. or barnsley's heroics in league one... Rolling Eyes

is everyone watching curling and figure skating?
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

womens snowboarding

where has that been all my life?

yes the footy was ace. i watched it with sice and ed ball and then we went to eat curry in brick lane then we went to the pub and then we came back here for stuff and episodes of 'bottom' which made me fall over and snort like the pig I am.

anyway; womens snowboarding...fuck.

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i watched the exciting curling semi-final match between great britain and finland, instead of the first 20 minutes of chelsea v barcelona.

oh yes i did. but hey, curling is ace! and finland will play in the final on friday, good stuff! before that, i watched finland beat usa in ice hockey, and before that a documentary about snakes. so, basically, i've been watching telly almost all day today.

anyway, back to football... chelsea were a bit shite tonight. barcelona really should have won more than 2-1, but i think they were a little bit unlucky too. the pitch was in absolutely awful condition, even my local 2nd division club's pitch looks better when the season kicks off in april after a long winter.
del horno's tackle at the end of the first half maybe wasn't worth the red card, but it sure was stupid. i think mourinho can blame him for the loss now. the game wasn't too exciting until chelsea scored a lucky goal somewhere around the 60th minute... maybe that was a mistake because barcelona got total control of the game after conceding the goal.
ronaldinho was completely marked out during the first half and the beginning of the second half, but during the last thirty minutes he was amazing. and lionel messi, he'll be a big star one day.

So, tonight's Champions League final results...

Chelsea 1 - 2 Barcelona (0-0)
Rangers 2 - 2 Villarreal (1-2)
Werder Bremen 3 - 2 Juventus (1-0)
Ajax 2 - 2 Inter Milan (2-0)

telly tommy x

Exclamation
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Sissoko and Alan Smith are back playing again soon, that Sissoko challenge looked innocous at first, it'd be awful if it resulted in him not being able to play again. I read an article today which said that the average Premiership midfielder runs 8km during a game but Sissoko has averaged 12km this season which is incredible, just thinking about doing that makes me tired.

Is anyone here planning to go to the World Cup?
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 09:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Is anyone here planning to go to the World Cup?

i really wanted to go, but i can't persuade any of my friends to go with me so i guess i'm not going then. but well, i'll have to go to see barnsley when they get promoted this season... Rolling Eyes

Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 09:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh oh! are sheffield united losing it again? they had an unbelievable run before christmas and their lead in the league was already huge... now they're 2nd and only 5 points ahead of leeds (if leeds win their one game in hand). neil warnock, how do you always do that? Shocked

barnsley got a very important 1-0 victory against colchester yesterday, and all other teams in the top six lost points. only two points off the second spot now (+ one game in hand) and only six points behind southend too... i haven't been this excited about club football for years!

nottingham forest crushed swindon 7-1 in league one, and doncaster scored a late equaliser (mccormack, 89min) against hartlepool to make it 1-1.

in championship, reading ended preston's amazing 22-game unbeaten run in the league, and reading are now 12 points in front of sheff utd in the league! crystal palace beat norwich 4-1, and derby's 1st minute goal by bolder was enough to beat plymouth. leeds are doing well at the moment, after yesterday's 2-1 victory against luton i believe they're going to steal the 2nd spot from sheffield united very soon. sheffield utd lost 2-3 against qpr at home... watford are right behind them in the league as well after their 2-1 victory over cardiff. sheffield wednesday are in big trouble as well, they suffered another big loss yesterday, this time 3-0 against weak southampton, and they're still in great danger of getting relegated. the battle for the other automatic promotion spot will be exciting in the championship this year... reading is probably going to win it, but i predict that leeds will be back in the premier league again next season.

and in premier league... well, who cares? Wink

Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

kick racism out of football?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4751876.stm

hmm, not going to happen any time soon, i'm afraid...
600 euros isn't going to hurt a strong primera liga side too much, i think that's just quite ridiculous actually. make that 600 000 euros and they just might take it seriously. sepp blatter and the other useless fifa tossers should all be sacked, what good have they done since blatter became the fifa president? racist (and fascist!) chants seem to be common in the spanish and italian leagues (and some other leagues too; polish, portuguese, and russian leagues for example) , but they're doing nothing about it. disgraceful.

give them a big fine and force them to play a few games in an empty ground, and if that doesn't work, kick them out from all international competitions for a few years...

Exclamation
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
kick racism out of football?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4751876.stm

I don't reckon fining clubs is the way forward, this affects the chairmen and director but the fans won't pay attention cos its not their money.

Also I don't reckon getting teams to play behind closed doors for a few games works, Inter had to do it this season - the fans still get to see the games on the telly, the away team fans are punished by not being able to go to the game and Inter arguably gain an advantage cos they get used to playing in an empty stadium after the first time whereas its a new experience for the visiting team each time.

I think Eto'o has the right idea, as soon as that sort chanting starts the team should just leave the pitch and refuse to play on. In the past I've thought that would just be giving into the racists but if Zaragoza's games where abandoned and they forfeited the match each time it happened then fans would stop turning up, not wanting to pay money to watch half a game, TV companies would stop covering the games and the league would have to do something about it due to bad PR and lost revenue.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

ay im gonna see leeds play at crystal palace on saturday - very bad of me 'cos they ain't my team but we're in london for the weekend and i got a top mate who loves leeds (gonna see the upper room at Camden on Friday as well which will be ace) - will be odd though 'cos its weird being at another footie game when yer own side is playing. thankfully we look safe for the season so i'll be able to relax whilst the leeds fans go through the pain of a promotion run in... i think - sorry neil warnock!!! - they might go n grab 2nd place now with Watford or Preston for the play-offs. but i'd love warnock to do it mind, nillian nalis gentlemans agreement or not i still love the man!
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really am getting angry with david o'leary and the bollocks he comes up with. This comes from skysports.com'

'The former Leeds boss wants supporters to put to one side their success in the 1980s when they claimed the European Cup and Super Cup, as the club have entered a new era. "I get a lot of people quoting 'we've got a fine stadium and we won the European Cup' but I really don't know what that has got to do with 2006."'

what a twat. I really hope he gets the newcastle job. could you imagine if when benitez took over he told the fans to forget about the past and that liverpool cannot compete with chelsea and man utd anymore because its 2006. fuck that he won the european cup. O'leary just puts us down all the time and complains about the squad. He must go.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a good article about the Villa team which won the European Cup in Observer Sport Monthly last weekend:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,1720956,00.html

I'm hoping that Liverpool can score a couple of goals tomorrow. All the Liverpool fans I know really want Fowler, Crouch and Morrientes to be good and hopefully on Wednesday they'll start taking their chances. Should be a great atmosphere at the ground, am really looking forward to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 97 of 143