bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - I saw The Go! Team last week and....
I saw The Go! Team last week and....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crustybit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 08:24    Post subject: I saw The Go! Team last week and.... Reply with quote

They were amazing!!! I was off me tits though but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

It was really so refreshing to see something so different, ended up hugging my mate afterwards, I think the sun may have also got to me. Very Happy

Sorry for nicking your subject teaser idea Kinks Wink
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to see the Go! Team tomorrow and am looking forward to it very much indeed. It promises to be a great week, as well as that I'm off to see Ryan Adams and the GLC and tomorrow I'll be sat in a stadium shouting nasty things at Gary Neville for 90 minutes (plus any added injury time). I love weekends.

Oh, also the new Streets single is on Channel 4 tonight at 11.30-ish.
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 21:20    Post subject: Re: I saw The Go! Team last week and.... Reply with quote

Crustybit wrote:
They were amazing!!! I was off me tits though but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

I was stone cold sober when I saw then and can confirm they are amazing. The main singer is an all singing/dancing/rapping machine and she could make any song sound ace.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for the summer, miss there being 'too much sun'!

p.s. Go team rock
goldberg76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 04:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

the go team played 2 shows in melbourne last august. i went with some mates on the first night and it was amazing, such fun, so much good energy...
some more mates went the next night, and they, without exception, hated it. frankly i think they're just a bit pretentious and find it difficult to get involved in a show where the singer is asking them to get involved.
but we loved it...
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 09:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

They play Sheffield tomorrow night I can't find a damn person to go with me Rolling Eyes

Philistines!
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with yourself. Get a ticket off a tout, turn up just before The Go! Team get on (9.40 in Manchester), watch an amazing live band and grow to love them and want to be their friends and then go home feeling morally superior to everyone else who did nothing a dull Wednesday night. Or just stay at home and watch Ronaldinho rip Chelsea apart.
Crustybit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to go and experience it. It's not just Ninja it's how the band swap instruments interact and just have a good time.

It totally made my day and I saw quite a few popular bands at the Big Day Out that really didn't leave a such a good impression on the day.

From what I can remember Kinster you loved the album, I still can't stop thinking about it and it was 4 weeks ago.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused must be my miserable age... saw them tonight and they were ok to good. ladyflash was the single of 2004 and the albums good bits groove like dee*lite but whilst the backdrop was fantastic and the encore was utterly superb the rest of the set drifted and i couldn't help think st etienne did the whole pastiche mix n match n do seasame street to pop thing better with fox base alpha. the grates were bloomin marvellous though and were everthing you could ever want a female fronted indie band to be. schlooz?? (other support) band were interseting - sure obvious jibe is they were a female hanson but there were very clever for people to young to be in the venue!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1