bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess would be riise and gonzalez to play with traore, kewell (if/when he ever gets fit) and maybe warnock to be sold, and aurelio as cover.

the right is of some concern, with no new signing and rumours that kromkamp could be leaving. so that leaves finnan, garcia, gerrard and, um, that's it.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange, isn't it? You expect there be more right-footed players about, and yet it's the left they have an abundance of players on, with a shortage on the right. Hmm... not sure I even want them to sign any of the players they've been linked with for the right... Joaquin could be hit and miss, same with Simao, haven't seen a whole load of Pennant, and I can't say anything for or against Alves either. Can't see Chelsea selling Shaun Wright-Phillips to Liverpool, and even then you'd have to hope he could recover the form he showed at Manchester City, which he hasn't really done at Chelsea. Damien Duff hasn't been the same player since Mourinho took over, either, mind...
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 08:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelsea are 1/2 to win the league which has got to be the shortest odds ever I'd have thought. We're 5/1.

Sad to see Hamman go, but glad he managed to annoy Sam Alladyce in the process. It's been a busy week for Houlliers signings, Kirkland and Emile went to Wigan, Cisse's off to France and, bizarrely, Diarra played in the World Cup final. Expect Cheyrhou to be named World Player of the Year at the end of the season.
Crustybit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official FIFA explanation for Zidane reaction ..........

Since Sunday evening the whole World has been debating what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane to make the retiring
Frenchman react in the way he did. The French captain, in his last
ever professional game, thrust his head into Materezzi's chest in Sunday's
World Cup Final resulting in a red card and shame for Zidane. Today,
with the help of Italian lip-reader Arturo Belladini, we can reveal what
drove Zidane to self destruct;

Materazzi was seen to hold Zidane's shirt on the edge of the penalty
box in extra-time at which point Zidane said

"if you want my shirt so bad you can have it"

Materazzi responded

"I dont want your shirt you mother f*****, you're a f****** old man"
As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this and it is unclear how
he responded due to him having his back to the TV camera

Materazzi then hit a volley of abuse

"you should've quit 2 years ago, you're a f****** has-been, mother f*****! your mum is a f****** muslim terrorist and you are to, f*** you old man f*** you old man, this arena is not for you anymore mother f****. Your sister is a whore and the whole Italian team has f***** her, f*** off you bald c*nt"

Zidane carries on jogging away

"you are only good enough for" Liverpool" its at this point Zidane
turned and head-butted him.

ho ho ho
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pppffff Crusty, you had ME for a long time, 'this is actually official?'.

L&P

Last edited by Setareh Juventina on Thu Jul 13, 2006 16:44; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lippi quits Italy...

I thought Materazzi had retired from international football when I heard the news
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

He quit because he's reached his goal.

L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
He quit because he's reached his goal.

it was a subtle joke, nevermind Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is major boo to tommy tynans lovechild and forbes hyphen
can you hear me?

so will you be going to austria this summer then, to see the mighty plymouth play against real madrid? Very Happy
should be good... also, check out this video, it's hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gArFCv49gDA

Exclamation
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 07:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this is major boo to tommy tynans lovechild and forbes hyphen
can you hear me?

Oh how i'd love to see PAFC take on the might of Real Madrid.
TTLC and myself did Austria a few years back and had to make do with a German 2nd Div team and another from Romania. So not this time... too late in the day to make arrangements.

By all accounts it'll be a reserve side as the 'stars' will get an extended break due to the WC. The best bit though is that it shows we're more organised than one of the worlds biggest clubs as it's all part of a deal cos they want our training facilities and we booked before them. A good way to make a few bob for financially strapped clubs, book out facilities for pre-season training then get the compensation when the 'big' clubs want them.

For TTLC and me it's a Tuesday night trip to Oakwell this year! Very Happy
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the rumours yesterday said, the cheating trio have been thrown out from Serie A. AC Milan will stay in Serie A but isn't allowed to play in the Champions League next season.

Juventus weren't relegated to Serie C ('only' to Serie B) after all, but they'll be stripped off their last two Serie A titles and will start the next season with -30 points! This surely should mean that they need a little miracle to get promoted next season (?), although I'm not sure how the system works in the Italian league. I suppose they could still make it to the playoffs or something...

Also, Lazio and Fiorentina were demoted to Serie B, and had points deducted as well (Lazio 7, Fiorentina 12).

For the first time ever, I'm positively surprised at the Italian FA! I thought they'd let them get away with all this, especially when the Italian justice minister and Silvio Berlusconi started crying that their heroes should be 'treated differently' because some of them were in the World Cup squad...

"Let's do what they did in ancient Rome: whoever has given us prestige and dignity should be treated differently"
-Clemente Mastella, the justice minister

Eh? Fuck off Mastella.

This will be a big blow for Lazio, Fiorentina and Juventus of course, but their corrupted chairmen and directors can only blame themselves. They knew what they were doing so they'll deserve all what is going to happen.

Exclamation
Hew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 04:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like trouble is brewing at villa park. I fully expect us to get relegated this year. How did it get to this??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/5181952.stm
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Moggi and Giraudo in Juventus are to blame somehow. However, I find it odd how Juve get more punished when they were charged for two games where as Lazio and Fiorentina were charged for 4 and 5.

If you read that long post up you'll notice this court was odd too.

Oh well...shame, we know Juve were still the best and it feels sad...the help wasn't needed.

Oh...and the scudetto of this year wasn't even part of the charge so it's harsh to take that back.

I guess Inter had to win somehow and they couldn't on the field (HAHAHA...sorry but it is a fitting joke!).

L&P...Forza Juve
Hew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 03:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

well o'leary is gone. Thank god for that. Now i want Martin O'neill to come and save us. I would be fine with Ranieri or Curbishly aswell. i really hope Glenn Hoddle and Mick McCarthy stay far away as i have heard some rumours about those two. Anyway i no longer think we are going down.
joeloke22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone found any movie clip(s) of when an argentinian player kicked a german player in the groin after they got thrown out of the world cup cuz germany won by penalty kix?....i had found one on youtube.com like a couple of days after the game had happened (match 57 30th June) but now i can't seem to find it and everytime i search for it on youtube.com it gives me the censored clips as if they were edited so that you can't see why they almost got into a brawl after the game. Confused.... i wanted to show a friend what had really happened after the game cuz unfortunately he did'nt get to watch it but now i'm left with nothing. Crying or Very sad.... they'll show zizou headbutt materazzi in the chest but they won't show an argentinian player (sorry don't know thier names) kick a german player in the groin.... hmmmm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 113 of 143