bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come no one has mentioned that the proper football league already kicked off two weeks ago? Wink barnsley have already won two games out of three and scored the best goal of the season . it'll be a tough season for barnsley but it has started well and i believe that we can narrowly avoid the relegation. Smile

but why oh why have liverpool signed dirk kunt the flying dutchman? Sad

Exclamation
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
why oh why have liverpool signed dirk kunt the flying dutchman?

if Barnsley were ever good enough to be on telly, we'd know who their unsavoury characters are and be able to make a comeback for that comment
Wink

fuckin' Sheffield United Mad

at the least the newspapers can go with the line 'Carragher and Riise chopped down by Blades'

Rolling Eyes
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really depressing when you don't win on the first day of the season. It could get much worse though, it hadn't even crossed my mind that we wouldn't get through to the Champions League proper money giving bit until Macarbi (spelling?) scored against us in the first leg. We're going to miss Carragher for the second leg, we may all dream of a team of him but just one of him would have been great for Tuesday night.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
It's really depressing when you don't win on the first day of the season. It could get much worse though, it hadn't even crossed my mind that we wouldn't get through to the Champions League proper money giving bit until Macarbi (spelling?) scored against us in the first leg. We're going to miss Carragher for the second leg, we may all dream of a team of him but just one of him would have been great for Tuesday night.

Carra and Riise both out for a fortnight. Looks like a race to be fit to play against Everton and Chelsea Neutral

not too depressed about the result yesterday, coz Rafa put out an understrength team, with one eye on Tuesday's CL game, and the players no doubt had that in their mind. A bit strange, maybe, to start with Robbie, though, considering he's missed a fair bit of pre-season with injury. Sheffield United had two attacks - one where they scored an offside goal, and then the valid one, which they probably wouldn't have got if Jamie was still on the pitch, not to mention Aurelio not doing his job when the ball came over. In fact, Hyypia was the only back four regular on the pitch by then. And still Liverpool, although crap in the first half (but not as crap as Sheffield United) were easily the better side, without being all that great. I doubt this poor performance is a sign of things to come, though.
Crustybit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 05:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

5:1, it's great when you win the first game of the season Very Happy
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 09:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FA will not overturn Wayne Rooney's ban despite the striker's threat to withdraw his support for its commercial activities. (Telegraph)

good to see a bit of decency in football at last
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I disagree with the Roon's tactics of holding the FA to ransom by threatening not to endorse Monkey Beer anymore while wearing an England shirt I think its stupid the red cards picked up in meaningless friendlies should be carried over to proper games.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a bit silly, yeah... but as things stand, that's the way it goes, and they should accept it rather than going around with a "We're Manchester United, you can't penalise us, and if you do, it's a conspiracy" attitude.
Crustybit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 05:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

5:1, it's great when you win the first game of the season Very Happy
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avi's arrival gave the Boss plenty of opportunities to display his dry sense of humour. One day he took a call from a Jewish reporter who asked, 'Is Avi Cohen Orthodox?'

The Boss replied: 'Orthodox what? Do you mean defender or midfielder?'

'No. Orthodox Jewish. Because they cannot play football on a Saturday,' the journalist replied.

Paisley responded: 'Oh that doesn't matter. I've got half a dozen like that already.'

~ amusing story from David Fairclough about Sir Bob Paisley and former Liverpool player and Israeli, Avi Cohen, taken from www.liverpoolfc.tv

How can Alan Kennedy, the only man to score the winning goal in two European Cup finals, only be at No.31 in the 'players who shook the Kop' series? He'd be number 1 (and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10) in a similar series for every other British club
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatchers challenge last night! Properly evil, everyone called Thatcher is a a bastard.

It's 3 and a half minutes in on this if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syurgraIu5o
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

x-rated stuff... a lengthy ban is in order (and surely jail time isn't out of the question), regardless of what that prune in FIFA has to say about their poxy rules
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
everyone called Thatcher is a a bastard

Apart from the Thatcher behind Thatchers cider. He or she is top draw.

Agree challenge was horrendous, cannot believe it was only a booking.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Thatchers challenge last night! Properly evil, everyone called Thatcher is a a bastard.

It's 3 and a half minutes in on this if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syurgraIu5o

hmm, I didn't watch the whole video, but the incident at 3 and a half minutes in isn't the nasty one.
Here's the right one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRaS7ffyWg

That's just shocking. Shocked What a fucking idiot, I hope he gets banned for a long time for that.

Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 117 of 143