bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The luminaire Gig - Let's have a party.
The luminaire Gig - Let's have a party.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of 'the Lung' are going, see you all there!!
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tynans Lovechild wrote:
And Kinkster i'll be a drivin' and workin' tomorrow am too so that leaves at least 2 of us sober...

Hopefully by the time you read this you'll have returned safely from the best gig and night you've ever seen / had, but unfortunately, for me, I wasn't able to make it in the end. Gutted. Hope everyone there had an amazing time celebrating the best songwriter of the last 30 years.

Still, on the bright side, at least I'll never be able let bravecaptain down again, wont I?

x
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Highlights:
Billy Casper's top draw "Hey Jesus bring Brave Captain back from the dead!" Very Happy Laughing
The set, particularly Good Life (Sice was there but didn't sing it, Mr Carr did and he sounded fine though "all the way from Finland" Tommy Boo gave him a run for his money!)

Lowlights:
Driving 'cos the Black Lion was a sound boozer and the Guiness was so nice.

What did we learn?
That Gillworm is alarmingly assured in front of the camera
That Sparky is sound as a pound (sound as a euro doesn't work as well does it kids?)
That the luminaire is v v nice, v 70s and the kinda place that George Best would be pictured hanging out in some cheesey 70s documentary (that is a compliment by the way). Its also probably the easiest venue to drive to in London for those us from " out of town ".
That Sibrydion's album is top

And finally...
Nice one BC, be good, be lucky & c u in the next one...
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was brilliant: melodic tunes + angry guitars = happy john mc. It's simple pop maths. I can't wait for the reunion tour.

The Luminaire was lovely as well, usually nice places like that won't let me in cos I ain't cool.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good one - best bc gig I've been to in fact, due partly to the great atmosphere - it was like a party, everyone, including Martin looked to be having a great time and the venue was really nice - big enough but still intimate.

It was really nice to meet people too, weird that we've been talking for years and never met! I met Tommy Boo, Gillworm, Sparky, TTLC, Billy Casper (met him before anyway a couple of times!), Disco, Forbes and Snowman (who I'd also met before at the first Paperlung gig). I also said a little hello to Sice, who I'd never actually met before.

Sorry I didn't see you at the bottom of the stairs Sparky, by the time I went down there you were somewhere else. Hope you got some good stuff for the DVD though.

Martin finished on a solo, nice picked guitar song, and if that's an indication of future direction then it's very promising... it's all about the tunes!

Mark.x Smile
Melz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have loved to be there and to have met you all. Out of curiosity, did anyone get (or can remember) the setlist? Looking forward to the DVD.
gillworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tynans Lovechild wrote:
Very Happy

What did we learn?
That Gillworm is alarmingly assured in front of the camera

I'd like to thank Messrs Jameson and Coke for their invauable input into my performance last night, without which it wouldn't have been quite as ahem, assured...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the gig was ace, the best bc gig that I've been to, in fact. And it was very nice to finally meet some of the messageboard people that I've known for years too. I hope you all got back home safely and that we'll meet again somewhere in the future.
Thanks everyone.

Exclamation
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 07:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks to everyone who agreed to be filmed for the dvd - some interesting stuff was said, though we were a little surprised at the frequency with which captain birds eye was mentioned.

nice to meet everyone, and apologies if you were waiting for us outside at the end. once we got out we realised we'd forgotten to have our tea so we didn't hang around too long before heading off in search of some dinner.
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tip-top night.

I finally got home at 4am absolutely knackered, but having had a thoroughly fantastic time.

Loved the gig esp. the story about This Weight cos I now understand the red and green reference and the technical glitches that cropped up every other song. One of those times the live versions sound better than on record for me.

Enjoyed meeting you all. Everyone is just cool as fuck.

A little bit of everything for everyone. Great

Captain Birdseye or Papa Smurf, bc is our Father Christmas and we've now found out he doesn't exist.

See you all in his next life
titbag spears

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant gig. as you all seem to be saying it was the best. So glad Dive was played it sounded mega. I took a few photos and will upload them at somepoint. I prob saw a lot of you but only know gill and the irish fella so only spoke to them.

Nice to see martin playing guitar like he did in the early days of boo radleys. totally raw and excellent!
gillworm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:13    Post subject: Setlist Reply with quote

this is what I can remember of the setlist, not in correct order:

Down Between
Whatever Happened to the Fingertip Saint
Oh You
This Weight That You Have Found
Better Living Through Reckless Experimentation
Good Life
Dive
Big Black Pig Pile
March
My Mind Pictures

plus an encore of a new song that he said hadn't been heard before, don't think he gave us the title.

did I miss anything?
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The encore was a rocked up version of that Dead of Winter song which was on that Green Man podcast wasn't it?
SnowMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best phrase to describe the gig is "organised chaos, but slightly lacking in the organisation"

I never realised that gig was gonna be anything like it was, i had a huge grin on my face for the entire performance, it was brilliant. Martin managed to pull leads out of guitars, disable his pedalboards, play half a song before realising his capo was on the wrong fret making every one sound out of tune, had his amp so loud that the engineer had him off on the desk and he was still louder than everyone else, managed to play every song at least a minute longer than the rest of the band, had the rest of his band looking at him as if they hadn't got a clue what was going on 80% of the time ..... and every fucker in that place (me included) loved every minute, made me remember everything i love about punk rock. Please Martin, dont ever grow up x
titbag spears

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

feel free to use any images for any purpose if you so wish to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7