bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Arcade Fire
Arcade Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 09:24    Post subject: Arcade Fire Reply with quote

Last night's Arcade Fire concert was the best gig I've ever been to. Ever. I do say that about every gig I go to but this time its true and I can provide certificates and stuff authenticating the statement.

If you are in the northern hemisphere then stop what you are doing, sell all your possessions, burn down your house, abandon your loved ones and fly/drive/sprint/skip merrily over to Porchester Hall to see them tonight.
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 09:30    Post subject: Re: Arcade Fire Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Last night's Arcade Fire concert was the best gig I've ever been to. Ever. I do say that about every gig I go to but this time its true and I can provide certificates and stuff authenticating the statement.

If you are in the northern hemisphere then stop what you are doing, sell all your possessions, burn down your house, abandon your loved ones and fly/drive/sprint/skip merrily over to Porchester Hall to see them tonight.

This is what you want to read when you have just bought a ticket to see them (Manchester Apollo, March).

I also love this story about them playing their new album live for the first time in the canteen of their old school - there's a link to a video of one of the tracks at the foot of the page too:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/40616/Live_Live_The_Arcade_Fire
John Mc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll pay tout prices and go to see them again in March, I've never seen or heard anything like it.
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often find myself cutting a lonely figure in my indifference to the arcade fire. I find them unsettlingly over-earnest, their lyrics angsty and teenage, their fans often psychotic, and their new album is full of bizarre religious allusion that goes over my head, never mind the church organ in half the songs, man that organ serves no purpose than to throw a few extra eggs into an already seriously over-egged arcade pudding. Anyone I know who has seen them live though has been blown away, I must check them out when they come to dublin, oh wait, there's no tickets left and psycho fans (not you john mc Wink)are snapping the up off the touts for 600 quid.
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that due to depression brought on by not having had a decent nights sleep in weeks I might be going through a goth stage which may explain my enthusiasm for Arcade Fire. I have become a psycho fan and love their tasty over-egged puddings. Mmm puddings. Read my hyperbole heavy review here:

http://www.clickmusic.com/articles/3500.html

Hyperbole is a fantastic word.

Do the bravecaptain board kids like the Cold War Kids?
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 07:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good review though

Have you ever checked out Final Fantasy? He's a violinist/genius who arranges the Arcade Fire's strings. His own work is phenomenal. I saw him in Dublin last year and he tore the house down.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I heard about Final Fantasy when I was reading up on Arcade Fire to do the review, sounds like he's worth seeing. Violinist/Genius is a good job title to have, I'd like that to be my next career move.
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Hyperbole is a fantastic word.

Do the bravecaptain board kids like the Cold War Kids?

I have to say, your review makes it sounds amazing and me feel jealous.

Not sure about Cold War Kids - there is a track on Uncut magazine free CD but I need to give it another listen as can't remember who was who...
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's footage of them playing "Wake Up" from the concert here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8QYnxIjHWg

Not sure if I like the Cold War Kids, they remind me a bit too much of Maroon 5 I think.
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Not sure if I like the Cold War Kids, they remind me a bit too much of Maroon 5 I think.

Quoted For Truth.

x
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad yer liked Arcade Fire - begining to wish I'd got the tickets for Manchester when I could've still got them. But I was put off by the Old Flame ep 'cos I really didn't like that much. Though I do like Funeral. Obviously.

Cold War Kids are feckin' awful and truly there for lovers of Keane when they feel they need to rock out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1