bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Liverpool 08
Liverpool 08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 13:16    Post subject: Liverpool 08 Reply with quote

Surely ideal opportunity for the Boo's to reform??!!?? Move over Sir Paul!
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person on here that DOESN'T want to see them reform?
katieken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe. I am open to persuasion. I suppose the cherished memories will be with me forever. I think I'm just dreaming I'd feel all young again if they did, even if it was temporary. No harm in that! If they did reform I would probably just be thinking, 'What? they are not in their mid twenties anymore??!! Shit nor am I!' When I think about it that way, then maybe they shouldn't then. And I'm sure they aren't as mobile as they once were!! Only joking.

Changed my mind...Martin Carr to play some new solo songs at Liverpool 08 instead!!! Move over Sir Paul......
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain was ahead of the game on this one, 'Go With Yourself' mentioned 'Liverpool 8' years ago.

The footage on the telly of The Wombats playing by Lime Street at the launch of Liverpool 08 the other day made it look amazing.
Melz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the perspective of someone who's going to see the Smashing Pumpkins next month, I'm all for bands reforming! Very Happy Especially if the Boo Radleys decided to - the Everything Is Sorrow promo I picked up off ebay taunts me with a Doncaster tour date on the back that I was probably too young to attend at the time. Sad
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Kinkster has seen The Boo Radleys live
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 1995. I swear I was the only person in the audience that had heard of Giant Steps.

x
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought it'd be more!

well, spare a thought for the poor unfortunates who never got to see them live even once and had to travel across seas for Paperlung and bravecaptain gigs, on seperate occasions, to compensate

just kidding, I'd have gone over to see those gigs anyway
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 06:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to see The Boos on 6 occasions.

I would be delighted if they reformed, even if they just performed a couple of dates.
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
thought it'd be more!

It really should have been. I liked the Boo's up to 1995, but I really fell in love with them with C'Mon Kids. For that tour I was so broke I decided to miss out and make sure to catch them next time around. A decision I've obviously regretted ever since!

discoRdance wrote:

just kidding, I'd have gone over to see those gigs anyway

I know Razz
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Boo's once, at Mile End stadium supporting Blur. I've just played five-a-side football for 60 exhausting minutes on a pitch 20 metres away from Mile End stadium. Coincidence or something more sinister? Only you can decide.
katieken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them in 1995 on tour (I'm sure with the 60ft Dolls supporting who were ace) and Glastonbury that year (Of which I saw Mr Carr and had my picture with him, got excited about it then lost my bastard camera when watching them-that was the last time I go crowd surfing!! Gutted is an understatement). Also on a tour either late in 95 or early 96. Then on the C'mon Kids tour in 1997 and at the great gig at Kilburn Ballroom (it was on telly and my mate Ray and I are on it for a split second!!). So I suppose I don't need to see them again really.
I loved the Boos then, and I love them now. They are still my heroes along with Gianluca Vialli and Madonna. And I am still scrabulous king.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

60ft dolls were top support. me and fh saw them with the boos at Shepards Bush. Argyle had got relegated a couple of hours ago but it nearly cheered us up... bloke next to us was the worst dancer in the world though. he only knew wake up boo and nearly exploded when it were played. a city type i think them cockneys would describe him as.

and if that pompey show was at the pyramids, i was there for that. it was great, always remember lazarus and the bloke behind me trying to do a piggy back on me back during it!

great curry at the pink curry house after to! happy days!
katieken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 00:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pyramids are apparently being threatened with being closed down now. Many a memory there. Mainly being kicked out by security when I went to see The Cardigans there as I had been very ill and fallen asleep on the bog. I do remember their first song though! And some swedish people so not all lost. And seeing Sleeper with my mate puking in the queue to get in. In fact the Pyramids was a place to go and get drunk and be sick I think!! Cherished times, clearly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1