bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Hello [again] Martin & Mary acoustically yours...
Hello [again] Martin & Mary acoustically yours...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:18    Post subject: Hello [again] Martin & Mary acoustically yours... Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dgr0f/

Hello,

Been a long time, and all that. Hope you're all well.

Martin and Mary came into our Cardiff studio & played a couple of songs for us acoustically [and very beautifully] & I asked a number of shit questions.

& played some stuff off Ye Gods [which I love].

It all kicks off about 1 hr and 19 minutes into the show [and is split into two parts].

I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you.

spam over.

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does it work?

i tried to get it to play for about 15 minutes until i finally gave up.
is there some hidden play button somewhere or should it start automatically when i click your link?

yeah, it says "click to play" down there, but where the hell am i supposed to click?! when i click it, nothing happens... i have realplayer installed so that shouldn't be the problem. maybe my computer just doesn't like this iplayer thingy.

here's a screenshot:

i feel like i'm missing something obvious here, but i can't figure it out, so some help would be nice. cheers
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you have a gaping void of eternal blackness under the smiling picture, there should be a grey and green music player looking thing.

Your problem is your location. The chaps at the BBC don't want Johnny Foreigner listening in on our broadcasts you know, loose lips sink ships and all that! We will fight them on the beaches, they don't like it up 'em......... Rolling Eyes

It's all here.
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/download_programmes/outsideuk

You'll just have to emigrate, it's the only way.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply dubya-t, i actually got it to work in the end!

knowing that there was something missing on the iplayer page, i decided to give it one more try with another browser, this time with IE... and it seems to work perfectly now. Surprised
it's quite odd that the buttons and stuff didn't show up on firefox, opera or google chrome...

i'm gonna listen to the show now, thanks again for helping me out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1