bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Obama vs. McCain
Obama vs. McCain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 04:38    Post subject: Obama vs. McCain Reply with quote

Another sleepless night for me, so I decided to watch the US election thing on the BBC... it's actually quite exciting to follow which candidate wins each state, things seemed to look quite promising for McCain at first, but now it seems to be quite certain that Obama is going to be the next president. If only I could fast-forward this it would be like watching penalty shootout in football!

I'm not claiming to be an expert in US politics, but I'll be pleased if and when Barack Obama wins this election. (in fact it's just been confirmed now!) I'm not sure if he'll be able to make a big change in the world politics, especially if he won't win by a bigger margin (which I don't know yet), but he's got to be a better choice than the warmonger McCain in every possible way. And at least he can't do much worse than the current president. To be fair to McCain, at least his concession speech was very classy.

There'll be a lot of very pissed off people in the USA tonight, and I think there'll be some interesting times ahead of us.
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 07:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nation_finally_shitty_enough_to

Looks like he's won by a hefty margin. He's in a bit of a Harry Redknapp-esque situation in that it's going to be hard for him to do worse than the previous bloke in the job. As long as he doesn't launch another war, finishing off destroying the US economy or pay way over the odds for David Bentley he should be fine.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm back.

And I voted Obama...you're welcome Wink

L&P
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 02:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Set
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I don't feel like I really went away...just wasn't around. L&P
Bev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Onion had a nice take on it for their headline... Something like "Yet again, a black American has to clean up the mess left by a white man."
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 19:35    Post subject: Re: Obama vs. McCain Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
Another sleepless night for me, so I decided to watch the US election thing on the BBC... it's actually quite exciting to follow which candidate wins each state, things seemed to look quite promising for McCain at first, but now it seems to be quite certain that Obama is going to be the next president. If only I could fast-forward this it would be like watching penalty shootout in football!

I'm not claiming to be an expert in US politics, but I'll be pleased if and when Barack Obama wins this election. (in fact it's just been confirmed now!) I'm not sure if he'll be able to make a big change in the world politics, especially if he won't win by a bigger margin (which I don't know yet), but he's got to be a better choice than the warmonger McCain in every possible way. And at least he can't do much worse than the current president. To be fair to McCain, at least his concession speech was very classy.

There'll be a lot of very pissed off people in the USA tonight, and I think there'll be some interesting times ahead of us.

wow, I watched it too, wishing more and more results to come in so I could go to bed. Seemed to go on for an age. Unless you live in Tommy Boo's universe, where it went from undecided to Obama wins to McCain's speech all in the time it took him to type that little message! I'm impressed.

in other news, Real Madrid are rubbish these days, aren't they?
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Hello, I'm back.

L&P

So you're the reason I won't be getting my fix of Sarah Palin idiocy each day! Grrr.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev wrote:
Setareh Juventina wrote:
Hello, I'm back.

L&P

So you're the reason I won't be getting my fix of Sarah Palin idiocy each day! Grrr.

Well, it hasn't stopped yet Smile
Just today I saw a clip from "The O'Reilly Factor" where they were saying left winged women hate Sarah Palin becomes she seems to have a good sex life, be happy mother and wife and enjoying life.

Because of course it has nothing to do with her opinions and ignorance.

L&P
Bev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Bev wrote:
Setareh Juventina wrote:
Hello, I'm back.

L&P

Well, it hasn't stopped yet Smile
Just today I saw a clip from "The O'Reilly Factor" where they were saying left winged women hate Sarah Palin becomes she seems to have a good sex life, be happy mother and wife and enjoying life.

Because of course it has nothing to do with her opinions and ignorance.

L&P

Brilliant. Ah well, there's always her 2012 run to look forward to. God help us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1