bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - CRICKET!
CRICKET!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeloke22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 14:29    Post subject: Can you be the Last Man Standing? Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/fun/games/newsid_2333000/2333541.stm this link is to a free online video-game called LAST MAN STANDING

Cool try it!!
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's back, back! BACK! Does anyone care or have people on here all have jobs and stuff so they can't stay up through the night watching the Ashes?
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 00:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right time to reply to the attempted resurrection of the cricket thread just when we really wanna forget about it...

With sport i'm very narrow minded. I love footie. I can watch the winter olympics or darts. And I love, well I now know that I love, cricket. Growing up a mile from Home Park made footie my real sporting love, i've seen hundreds of games but county cricket meant a very occasional 80 mile trip to Taunton or on the odd time Devon came to Plymouth, played Cornwall or got a nice Gillette/Natwest draw then there'd be a trip to that game too. But I doubt i've seen more than 50 matches and i've only sat through 2 days of test cricket so I've always assumed that footie was the real thing for me. 'Til the last 2 ashes series. The emotions, the joy and now the utter utter despair…

This has been horrible. The Sydney test is the first I’ve had chance to watch properly, unedited, live and looking admist the gloom for my mates Devon flag (finally spotted as the camera’s panned to the side to follow Lee on his run up for the almost hat-trick ball, oh how I’ve gone from envying him to being so glad to be on the top side of the world right now!) and its been so bad. Lee has been exceptional, I’ve never seen him be so disciplined and so on the spot, McGrath may be over his absolute best but his patience, his persistence in simple line and length, Ponting, Hussey and – heck heck heck!!! – even Simonds yesterday (eventually and doubtless after a bollocking from Ponting) showing that a bit of sensibility a bit of patience when batting can go a long long way. We’ve been so shite.

Yeah we’ve had injuries (as we always seem to down under), we’ve had some dodgy umpire decisions and we’ve even had Warnes not walking when he was as out as my post Christmas belly currently is. But though these excuses will be offered in the aftermath its also, and largely due to, piss poor preparation, a sticking with the favoured plan that would shame Erikkson (heck he only took 2 unfit players to the World Cup), at least 3 tests worth of bowling that’s been astonishingly poor and some twatty stroke play from the batsmen. I’ll admit that the 2-1 win in 05 was better than I thought, we didn’t just beat the best side in the world we beat the comfortably, by innings’ and wickets and every superlative best side in the world and the achievement was greater than it was given credit for. And there’s been dismissals (that of Collingowood yesterday springs to mind) where the bowling has been exceptional and there’s little we can do. But so much has been just ignoring the basics of the game! And good amounts of it has been within our hands.

In the fall out we’ll be told we’ll be ready for ’09 but so will they and thought the gap will close by then I don’t see it us getting them back. When it matters against them (and it always does I care for the ashes more than any England footie match) we seldom have the spine, discipline or fight to really compete. Whilst it doesn’t match say tennis for its elitism is still a sport that lends itself to the wealthy. When I played against the private schools in Plymouth (who, funnily enough, we never played footie against!) we never had a chance and it wasn’t ‘cos we didn’t have ability it was just we never had access to grass wickets or nets or more personal coaching in the way they did. I’m not kidding myself that any of us could have even had made it to amateur county grade but there’s got to be lots of talent that never gets the chance to develop properly ‘cos they don’t have the right support etc – I’m not suggesting that the Govt or the E&WCB suddenly fund a load of schools cricket but would it be much to expect the money still made from test matches and sky to be used to fund more open access to fecking grass wickets, nets and some coaching to kids of all backgrounds?

I’ll stop now and sorry for the rant, but its pee’d me off and having shared views with a Jamaican/English lad on Boxing Day about his similar lack of coaching and the like I don’t think my view is isolated, unwarranted nor without truth.

Still if we’d not caved in to them soft aussies and stuck with the right to bowl bodyline we’d surely be retaining the ashes…. Or watching McGrath and co rip our players apart in some kind of precursor to dodgeball.

Toodlepip!
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brimful of Asha on the 45 (for no wicket).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFM6HC3tZM
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
"with blonde hair though i'm sure i caught your eye"
even collingwood couldn't fuck up the sledging with that one!!!!
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando - Cheating bastard and 'orrible gamesmanship or genuine mistake? In this post match moment I think the sooner. SHAME ON THEM! Good game though, first of the never ending world cup.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shite shite shite.

Still at least Freddy had a good piss up!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't understand cricket but I like this

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/ashes2asheszombiecricket

Why are these games so addictive? Confused
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 00:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone heard the duckworth lewis method album? I fucking love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3