bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 21:57    Post subject: 2021 Reply with quote

Time for the yearly "how's everyone doing?" thread!

So... how's everyone doing?

The covid's still here and not going anywhere anytime soon it seems. So far it hasn't bothered my introvert life as much as it probably has many others, but it's getting a bit annoying by now, isn't it? I hope that everyone's alive and well.

Martin just released a new single called 'Flames' that is actually pretty damn good. Go listen to it if you already haven't done so. He's also been touring with The Charlatans recently, and starting a mysterious subscription thingy at the start of 2022. The latter sounds quite pricey if I'm being perfectly honest, but it also does sound very interesting - gotta subscribe to that before the year changes, I'm just being a lazy arse again.

The Boos are also back, well 75% back anyway, sort of. Surely everyone here knows that already though, so I'll turn off my newsbot mode now. I have mixed feelings about the new stuff. I loved the first single (Full Syringe etc) and while I can't complain about the other new songs either, they're not very Boos-like. They're not ordinary pop songs but a little bit of the old Boos magic wouldn't hurt. Still, I'm looking forward to the new album in March.

Football's shit.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for keeping the board alive, tomi!

my covid experience sounds similar to yours. as an introvert, the original lockdown wasn't too hard to deal with. the stress of being around people who act like it's over, now restrictions have been eased, isn't great fun. hopefully it will get better soon.

my one concert in the last 2 years was when (three quarters of) the boos played in birmingham a few months ago. i didn't stay any longer than necessary, but it was good to see them. hearing songs like kingsize and everything is sorrow was great. it did seem pretty odd, and jarring at times, that martin wasn't there. hopefully the new album will be good.

i had an email via bandcamp saying martin has decided to scrap the current subscription thing, and will set it up again shortly. so if you're looking to subscribe at the moment, that's probably not possible.

presumably anyone who is interested is aware of the facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/booradleys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1