bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - 1st of May
1st of May

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:37    Post subject: 1st of May Reply with quote

A very solid, dignified and happy 1st of May to you all. May we one day bring down the empire that is the upperclasses and capitalism.
Remember not to put anyone to work today, respect the values of the working people.

Now go kiss your Marx photographs/books.

Love and Peace
Red Set (HAHA!)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not go back further than marxism. 1st of May or "bealtaine" as gaeilge, is one of the most important festivals in the ancient year. So I think we should all engage in strange fertility rites tonight and appease the gods of summer. Otherwise all our vegetables will rot in the ground before "samhain" the 31st October.

When i am watching eastenders tonight, I will think back to the ancients alive on the mountains 4000 years ago giving thanks, in awe of a strange sky and the mother earth. Things which were not taken for granted.
ciaran

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way that was me.....I keep forgetting to log on these days.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like midsummer celebrations in Sweden. L&P

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we should all stand back and think about how much human society has been divorced form the land and the negative impact this is having on us.

Some people will only notice the passing of seasons from looking at a calendar. Interestingly my brother Darragh ressurected an old post on this board about picking magic mushrooms. Half the fun is taking them, but the other half is being out on the hillsides, hunting them, breathing in the autumn air, and feling alive and healthy.

You are reaping a product from the ground that wasn't planted in sterilised rows, doing something that has been done for millenia.

don't get me wrong, I'm no pagan, but the further separation of human society and the rhythmns of the seasons is only going to cause more destruction and disillusionment.

Anyone who has the time should read the first few chapters of "The Grapes of Wrath" by Steinbeck where he so potently describes the difference between the oakies who were at one with the land and the faceless men in machinery sent in to evict them and farm the land more efficiently after the massive crop failure in the early 1930s.
ciaran

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was me by the way
Darraghm

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

all well and good ciaran, but what if you eat a mushroom with a tapeworm in it. You'd be proper fucked wouldn't ya!!!! The doctor isn't going to cure that by waving a magic crystal over your arse. At least there are no tapeworms in acid. But mushrooms are for free, so its worth the risk.
Bev

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 08:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anyone who has the time should read the first few chapters of "The Grapes of Wrath" by Steinbeck...

They should read the whole thing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1