bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Hanoi Rocks tomorrow
Hanoi Rocks tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 16:46    Post subject: Hanoi Rocks tomorrow Reply with quote

sorry i'm talking about the band that no one has ever heard of (except for me Laughing ) i'm just going to see them in helsinki tomorrow - it's going to be great. their new stuff is great, even though i had nothing against the old stuff either. in fact they sound a bit like manic street preachers in the beginning... maybe hanoi rocks are a bit more like a punk band though. well, the members of msp have said that hanoi rocks have been one of their main influences.
the new album "12 shots on the rocks" is brilliant, now there's a suggestion for you! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tommy BOO on Sat May 10, 2003 08:42; edited 1 time in total
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 08:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

not tomorrow.
today. Rolling Eyes
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 09:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one ever replies to my hanoi rocks threads.
i wonder why Rolling Eyes

*Tommy Boo prepares for a rain of rotten vegetables*
Bev

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
no one ever replies to my hanoi rocks threads.
i wonder why

"....................!"
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know who they are! I think they're okay. L&P
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good dearie, very good Rolling Eyes
they were also quite popular in sweden in the 80s... because andy mccoy and michael monroe from the band lived near stockholm and that's where it all started. Very Happy i know you all wanted to know this!
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Lucky Lucky Bastard....
I didn't realise they were back together.

Hanoi Rocks are fantastic! Is it still, Monroe, Mcoy & Nasty Suicide? Who's the drummer now? Have they released new stuff?

Never saw them, but I did see Mike Monroe solo back in 1991, my mate got thrown out of an exam at college for wearing the tour shirt with "Rock Like Fuck" on the back Wink
If you like them, go back further and check out New York Dolls.
This sort of thing is quite current, The Strokes are very NY Dolls/ Iggy & The Stooges and Electric Six remind me of Hanoi Rocks big time.

Hope you enjoyed it. I'm off to watch my "All Those Wasted Years" live video now Very Happy
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm a lucky bastard! Very Happy And a lazy bastard as well... Rolling Eyes
Yeah, they are back together, they (Mike Monroe, Andy McCoy and Nasty Suicide) did some gigs together under the name of Hanoi Revisited in 2001, and the new Hanoi Rocks album "12 Shots On The Rocks" was released just before Christmas 2002! It's quite brilliant actually, a bit different than their previous stuff though, but still really really good.
Nasty Suicide doesn't play in Hanoi Rocks anymore - he's now enjoying life with his family. Sam Yaffa lives somewhere in the US and runs his own nightclub. But Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy still rock like fuck ! Very Happy Good old Razzle who died in 1984 is now replaced my a Finnish drummer Lacu... the new guitarist is Costello, in my opinion one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. And Timpa is the new bassist...

Hanoi Rocks were on worldwide tour just a while ago, all their gigs in England were sold out in less than 24 hours! You should go to see them next time they come there. Rolling Eyes
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the CD I'm going to send you... I'm still looking for a software that could make better quality (better than 192kb) MP3s... I already found one but for some reason it just doesn't work.
I could send you some Hanoi Rocks stuff too, if you want... well when I finally find some program of course. Do you have any of their albums? "Two Steps From The Move" is a real classic, one of the best albums ever.
I'm not sure, but Hanoi Rocks are probably coming to England again later this year... at least they are going to Japan now! Hanoi Rocks are unbelievably popular there... there were lots of Japanese fans here in Finland on Saturday!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing... I got your CD this morning! Very Happy Thanks a lot - it's brilliant! I'll try to send your CD as soon as possible too... I hope you don't mind if it takes a little while. Confused

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

better keep this thread up the top to keep people notified of the gig
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
better keep this thread up the top to keep people notified of the gig

hey hey was that a sarcastic comment?! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1