bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - B.A.D. sounds
B.A.D. sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 00:30    Post subject: B.A.D. sounds Reply with quote

Giving Corporation Man another wirl the question struck me who were the first to overlay dialogue on a song in that style. I love Big Audio Dynamite and it's their special little trick, but they weren't the first surely?

so if they were not
I am interested clever people
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the B.A.D record you mention but assuming its as they lay dialogue across E=MC2 then I think ska/reggae dj U Roy's "Wake The Town" (1970??) is my guess as the first record to do that style - Also, cough, Supertramp, er, did it with Fools Overture (mid-70s).

lol, TTLC.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 05:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yer forgetting that Mick Jones did that earlier than BAD, with the Clash on 'Ghetto Defendant,' C.A. 1982. i think with a Ginsburg poem....

come to think of it, didn't the David Byrne/Bryan Eno record have some of that going on? my life in the bush of ghosts ? about a year or 2 before that. i strongly recommend that record by the way, to all of you, especially if you're into autechre or the blair-bush side of BC. roots-electronica or what have you....

of course, i'm sure we're all wrong here, as some smartass is going to cite a jazz record from the 50's that makes use of quoted spoken word stuff. (please do, Mr. Theoretical Smartass, saying as we're all worked up into a frenzy of curiosityousness now)

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogden's... by the Small Faces.

3 cheers for Stanley Unwin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1