bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - I just wanted to talk about...
I just wanted to talk about...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 20:49    Post subject: I just wanted to talk about... Reply with quote

...Spiritualized. I am having a total Spiritualized fest recently, having just bought their doublr b-sides thing and heard some stuff of the next album.

Amazing, everything they have ever done strikes me as amazing... - but what say you guys?
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only heard two albums.

Ladies and Gentlemen I just never really did get, but I thought the last album, the name of which escapes me, is utterly fabulous.....

I think out of mind is out of sight!!

Kinkster
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love them lots and lots

The album with the top luminous case is a bit dull (to me) but everything else is spectacular. Ladies & Gentleman is beautiful, the melodies/harmonies are out of this world. And its follow up is out of this world to. The b-sides and rarities thing is much better than most releases of that type though i'm disappointed with the version of 100 Bars (which is my fave from Lazer Guided...).

Haven't heard anything from the album to come, though isn't meant to be some kind of garage (guitar garage) album??!!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 07:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have heard nothing
what a surprise Confused
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 09:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laser Guided Melodies is by far and away their best work. Their new stuff is a bit pretentious and overblown. they obviously believe what the NME says about them.

Also recommended is the new b-sides thingummy, pure phase(parts) and Live at the Albert Hall. Strangely I saw them twice live nad for all intents and purposes they played the same show with a rather static J.Spaceman standing stage right. However I reacted to one show in a kind of apathetic way and the other (second show) was an absolute revelation.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 05:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn it, i like pretentious and overblown! Wink

actually, i'm pretty sure jason pierce was born pretentious. gotta love him though....

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new album, assuming I have a proper, finished mix version is a bit more 'garage rock'' but still sounds like them... and what the hell was he supposed to do after the last on get MORE orchestral?

It still has 'lord rain on me' style lyrics and 'cue gospel choir' moments...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to buy the spiritualized album with that cool cd cover today, but then again...
... i spent all the money on other records
darraghhh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooohhhhhhh lawwwd shine down wooohooohooo on me.
Good ole' Jesus shine your light over me,
woohoowooo i cooked my breakfast in a spoon shoot it up and angels swoon whoahahwhoah!

add loads of organs and stratocasters and SHAZZAM!!! Its a new spiritualized song.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on baby stop your cryiiiiing...come on baby stop your crying nooooow...repeat until you feel the end will never come. Hehe. L&P
Bev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, mockery. Ah well...!
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev wrote:

It wasn't, first I felt like singing, then I remembered that the first time I heard it, at the end of it, I felt like it would never end...that bit of it. I miss the person I got it from, he's disappeared Sad L&P
che

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:26    Post subject: Re: I just wanted to talk about... Reply with quote

Bev wrote:
...Spiritualized. I am having a total Spiritualized fest recently, having just bought their doublr b-sides thing and heard some stuff of the next album.

Amazing, everything they have ever done strikes me as amazing... - but what say you guys?

they got go0od when he sacked them all. except for the trumpet guy.
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Bev wrote:

It wasn't, first I felt like singing, then I remembered that the first time I heard it, at the end of it, I felt like it would never end...that bit of it. I miss the person I got it from, he's disappeared Sad L&P

"He is gone, but the music carries on"
As it always will...
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 05:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's all this about a new record? has it really been 5 years since 'let it come down' already? Shocked or does this mean that he's kicked the junk and ready to be somewhat productive?

indisputably, the 'shine a light' on the albert hall CD is the best live performance of any song yet released, ever, since the start of all this mess.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1