bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Nothing Original
Nothing Original

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 19:31    Post subject: Nothing Original Reply with quote

Ok...I;m hammered....which may,in some small way affect the clarity of my thinking.

I'm listening to C'mon kids.... I haven't had a drink in weeks and it sounds ****ing brilliant.

Now I confront another personal dilemma - don't drink and try to stay healthy....or drink lots and die younger. But music makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE after a few beers. It breaks down barriers that I feel hold me back when sober.

Laugh if you must, I don 't care...'cos I don't dare.

Apoloies for mad ravings - apologies may posted Monday when sober.
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....someone could have replied...
Melz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I must be the only other person in the world who's not at Glastonbury, so I'll say a quick hello. And don't worry, things are never as bad as they seem. Have an ice cream and listen to Wake Up Boo. That usually makes me feel tons better. Very Happy

Melz.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers....and yes.

God bless BBC3 - which I will try and watch. I am THE OTHER PERSON who is not at Glastonbury. And i feel awfully left out!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh....bollocks...no-one seems to be here.

Where are you?

With the mystery tramp...and now you realise.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 04:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey lone, i just got in. kid 606 in cardiff tonight, fucking amazing as usual. i been applying for jobs myself, nothing ever stays the same. works both ways.

love

martin xx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 09:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why do you hold back when listening to music when you're sober? It sounds strange. Oh well.
I think your dilemma is very dependent on who you are. Say if you have small children, I don't think it's fair to do anything to your body in order to have fun because you're ultimately responsible for your children. You brought them to the world and should try and stay alive for them as much as you can.
But if you're just you I think you can do whatever the heck you want.

I am also not at Glastonbury but I am happy I'm not...tents, no clean bathrooms...shiver....plus, you can hardly see the bands anyway.

But Rhett, if you leave, what will I do? Where will I go?
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Love and Peace
Setareh
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel as sick as I thought I would today........

...oh, and I don't have kids. The thought scares the hell out of me.
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't at Glasto neither, and spent Saturday footing turf in the bog. I got a real farmers tan, and to be honest the skylarks sound much more beautiful than anything that was on offer at Glastonbury.
darraghh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamin lips looked super I saw that bit on telly. Sadly this year i cannot even go to witnness because my job wont allow these days off. PFFFFFF!!! I bought a few albums. Although I've got most of the guided by voices stuff (ITS ALL EXCELLENT APART FROM MAYBE DO THE COLLAPSE) I still have some serious need for bob pollard flavoured fun. So I bought 'speak kindly of your volunteer fire department' which is bob pollard and doug Gilliard. And guess what?: Its fuckin exceelent as good as gbv at their best. How can one guy alone shit out so much fine music? Long live bob!!
Also bought who's next and aphex twion selected ambient works 85-92. Great music. My biggest diappointment of the year so far has to be grandaddy. Its like they took a step backward. The album sort of fizzles a bit wetly and the songs sound somehow fake or unreal. Maybe its because there's no real energy in them
Biggest hope for the year has to be the coral. The new single is jangletastic and I bet they've really come on.
As for Ciaran, piddlin around in the bog is no substitute for glastonbury you man of nature type sap!!
Darragh
che

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
hey lone, i just got in. kid 606 in cardiff tonight, fucking amazing as usual. i been applying for jobs myself, nothing ever stays the same. works both ways.

love

martin xx

aww man, that's gotta fucking suck.
well, if i had the money + work spare
you'd be welcome to work for me.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 08:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, for some reason guitar music always sounds unbelievable when you're sloshy. you start thinking, "my god, how the fuck do they play their damn guitars so well when they're this drunk," and then you remember that you're the one who's drunk, and that the album was probably recorded fairly soberly, unless its a Mondays or Guns nRoses record or something.

but c'mon kids is great regardless, especially if you happen to be driving. too fast.
workwise, things seem pretty tight globally. there are almost no jobs here in the US. practically everyone i know has recently got a degree of some sort, and we're all stuck moving back home to live with our parents. there's a guy that works at a takeout donut/coffee franchise near me, who is a licensed physician....

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 09:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Martin how long is it since you had a job and what type you applying for - don't worry - when I win the Lottery you can retire Wink

As for drunkeness vs Soberness - I think a balance is good. At Glasto I got Shitfaced on Alchy plus Skunk Thursday / Friday - then stayed Sober Saturday / Sunday..................... Saturday was be far the best day.......

Kinky G
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyup who wants to sponsor the captain?

15 squid a month from 50 members here is errrrrrr probably not a liveable wage.....

hehehehe well it was an idea

Luv
Mr Charity
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started buying lottery tickets again, in the hope of never working again, which I hate myself for.

Incidentally, I know a certain group of pensioners (don't ask), who are pretty well off, that have received £5,000 to go on holiday thanks to lottery funding.

What the fcuk is that all about?!!??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1