bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Is This The Upshot Of Commercial Success?
Is This The Upshot Of Commercial Success?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:45    Post subject: Is This The Upshot Of Commercial Success? Reply with quote

While playing the 'Around the world in 80 days' quiz machine in my local last night the question (worth 878miles to Warsaw): Who had a hit with 'Wake up it's a beautiful morning'? came up. It p*sses me off that (a) they can't get the title correct and (b) I suspect the masses would get it wrong if they did.

That, and the aural Sun newspaper that is Talksport using the opening bars of the above and the alarm clock bit from Martin Doom! on their Sunday morning sports show drives me to despair though I'm sure Martin is grateful for any royalties he may recieve (and if he doesn't he surely should).

I suppose it's the one Boo's song in the national psyche and maybe I should let it go but Talksport presenters can seem at times horrendously right wing, obnoxious and ignorant.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talksport is indeed hideous, right wing, obnoxious and ignorant. And James Whale is BIG FUCK OFF TWAT of the wankiest order.

That said its Sat afternoon/midweek coverage of football games shites all over the premiership arse lickery of Radio 5 (gotta say that its breakfast show is ignorant and obnoxious as well).
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a quiz machine that had the question - which band has a member called 'Sice' in...

Before I could press the button one of my spazzo work colleagues lept forward and confidently pressed 'C - Sleeper' or something...

Gr.
Spaniard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

One quiz machine asked "Who released Unfinished Sympathy?", and I pressed the button for the Verve...

Amazing what parts of the brain alcohol affects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1