bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks. Smile I'll try to show you all the scores and scorers every weekend, I might be a bit busy sometimes though...
Anyway, congratulations for mighty Argyle, that surely was another great battle!
Melz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
Northampton 1 - 0 DONCASTER

Didn't go this week. Bloody typical that the first time I don't go, they LOSE!
Melz.
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the

Blades
go
Third...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnsley are second in the Division Two now... One point behind Port Vale. By the way, if you want me to put your team's scores etc here, just let me know...
Right now the teams I'm watching are:
Arsenal, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Preston, Sheffield United, Barnsley, Bournemouth, Luton, Plymouth, Doncaster...
paulwhite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 07:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

who supports bournemouth then?

just out of interest, like?

pd
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you do, Mr paulwhite.
billycasper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

One for the green army again I’m afraid: any of you travelling to Brentford this weekend? All ticket I believe, so better get my act together. Should be in the new inn from around 11, so maybe catch some of you there.

On a side note, for want of anything else to do I’ve started going to Leyton orient on a Saturday: there my closest team to when I live now and if I spend £8 there it saves me the 30 quid or whatever I’d inevitably spend on rubbish if I hung around town. Watching a team that rubbish means no worries of a shift of allegiance either. The first 45 mins on Saturday were among the most entertaining I’ve ever seen : Orient 4-1 down at half time, including a rubbish own goal, a sent off goalkeeper, a maniacal centre-forward, no midfield and a combined total of about 30 shots, all resulting in a crowd baying for blood – man, you could smell it in the air. I’ll give the manager a week.

Billy
xx
titbag spears

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARSENAL!!!
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the rest -- Liverpool is where it's at! Did anyone see the spanking they delivered to Everton on Saturday? Whoooooo!!

x
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juve juve juve juve juve...5-1...so what it was Empoli...JUVENTUS...woooha woooha...I hate the football thread even though I love football. Amor y Paz
paulwhite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
who supports bournemouth then?

Quote:
I think you do, Mr paulwhite.

oh, i guess i said i followed them on an earlier post or summit, can't be bothered to look back.

I support Norwich full time..

You could put Ipswich's scores on, as they're Norwich's arch rivals, (even though they're nowhere near eachother really).

but refer to them as scum, or the binmen, as NCFC fans often call them

Ta..pd.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwhite wrote:
You could put Ipswich's scores on, as they're Norwich's arch rivals, (even though they're nowhere near eachother really)

I'll think about it Very Happy
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One for the green army again I’m afraid: any of you travelling to Brentford this weekend? All ticket I believe, so better get my act together. Should be in the new inn from around 11, so maybe catch some of you there.

Will be going up on Sat - get into Paddington midday. Not sure what pubs yet 'cos i'm meeting up with mates from Plymouth and, erm, Havant. Suspect we'll be drinking near South Ealing tube or going for the boozer behind the old away end which has a nice beer garden. Will know by Friday so if we're ita then i'll let yer know.

Go for seeing Orient - always my fave London trip (along with QPR). Love Leyton High Street to. Decent footie pubs and a wig shop. What more could you want. I have to choose between brizzle city (hard for Argyle fan) or Brislington (which is ok 'cos its only £4 and they'll be on the pyramid to the league next year... hopefully!). As my sisinlaw lives in E17 ( Laughing ) then i'll be staying near there for QPR.... Probably!
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about the trip to Leyton Orient is the old fashioned syrup (wig for all you non cockneys) shop on the high street.

Couldn't quite believe the comeback on Saturday and the fact that our left back ran the length of the pitch to smack the ball hard against the upright with their keeper well beaten with seconds left. It was robbery ...that would have been a downright mugging. Very Happy
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long nightmare has finally ended, and Barnsley FC are now officially out of administration! Very Happy Mr Peter Ridsdale, who's been watching my beloved Barnsley since they went into administration last year, finally bought the club, together with the Barnsley millionaire Patrick Cryne! Let's hope that Barnsley won't be the next Fulham (I wouldn't have anything against promotion to Premier League though!) but now we're finally able to buy new players! Believe me, Barnsley FC will rise from the ashes! Very Happy
I don't know what's the role of our (ex?) owner Sean Lewis now though. I liked his attitude, but it was clear that he didn't have enough money to keep the club going for much longer. I will always be grateful to him though, because he saved the club from the hands of Peter Doyle, the one who bought the club soon after we went into administration, but had some "other plans" for the club facilities etc... Jesus what a moron! Evil or Very Mad

I just heard that we will be able to keep our new management duo as well, Mr Gudjon Thordarson and Barnsley legend Ronnie Glavin! I hope that they are able to keep the unbeaten record against Chesterfield tomorrow...

The Tykes are back! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 10 of 143