bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - starsailor WHAT THE FUCK!
starsailor WHAT THE FUCK!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim fuckley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:28    Post subject: starsailor WHAT THE FUCK! Reply with quote

I heard 'Bring my love' on the radio yesterday. Since when did they write good songs! Beautiful, like mini spectoral bunnymen, Swoops and soars, moons and meadows. I'm sold. I wanna hear it again but don't know how to. I've got kazaa but have no idea how to work the fucking thing. When I download it I get about 12 seconds of a song that doesn't sound like the one i heard yesterday. Any ideas? xx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is with great shame I admit the beat in "Silence Is Easy" is really good, I blame Phil Spector.
By the way, their singer was interviewed on tv and he went 'where I'm from they used to call us gay because we did music. But by having a baby I've proved them wrong.' HUH?!

Amor y Paz
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darragh wrote:
No way guys. Snap out of it! Those fuckers suck shit through a straw.

Thank you for putting me off food for a while, I will surely get a better understanding of the starving population of this earth. L&P
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, i'll admit it as well... i was taken with the new song too at first. but the notion of actually going into a shop and buying -- or worse yet, blagging -- a copy of it was just too crushingly humiliating to even consider. kinda snapped me out of it.

saw the captain in london last night... but at the end of the evening i think i saw three captains. Wink also met the mighty billy casper who had the unfortunate task of trying to describe what a kestral is (curse my foreign ways).

x
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, and has anyone else heard the new strokes single? since when did the cars become fashionable? sounds like rick ocasek being rocketed right out of the 80's and spectacularly barfing up a keyboard...

x
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their first single, "Love Is Here" was and is and absolute classic.

I despise everything else I have ever heard by them.
billycasper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 09:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the benefit of the beautiful PrincessPunkRock:

It’s not a hawk, it’s a kestrel…

And yeah, the gig was a cracker. Sometimes the world is a beautiful place.

billy
xx
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 09:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right! i guess it doesn't really look like a pellican at all.

hey, who's coming to the Boobytrap night that the captain is playing at on the 23rd? go to www.boobynet.co.uk and sign up for the BoobyMob mailing list on the pop-up window and you can get in for £3 -- damn, that's value!

he's playing with mc mabon and kidz with toyz... both amazing. should be a great night...

x
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sidenote> The Cars haven't been 'fashionable' since roughly 1985. But they have been consistently influential (see. - Weezer). Ric Ocasek's last record was 1997's 'Troublizing' and actually was a phenomenal record, due also in part to Cars fan Mr. Billy Corgan's production and keyboards provided by the Cars' Greg Hawkes. And personally I'd say it's better than any of the Cars' records. </sidenote>

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
billycasper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course the reason the strokes have that 80s thing softrock thing going has nothing to do with the fact that albert hammond jr's dad (ie albert hammond snr) wrote stuff for chicago, starship, leo sayer and (as far too few conspiracy theorists ever point out) perhaps the strokes.

who knows, just a thought.
billy
xx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

billycasper wrote:
...has nothing to do with the fact that albert hammond jr's dad (ie albert hammond snr) wrote stuff for chicago, starship, leo sayer and (as far too few conspiracy theorists ever point out) perhaps the strokes.

Albie snr has nothing on Julian F Casablancas...so the theory is obviously wrong, as a 25 yearold Julian grew up in the 80s...wehey. L&P
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

billycasper wrote:
For the benefit of the beautiful PrincessPunkRock:

It’s not a hawk, it’s a kestrel…

And yeah, the gig was a cracker. Sometimes the world is a beautiful place.

billy
xx

I once went to a 'move character fancy dress party' as the boy from Kes... a last minute improvisation involving string, a washing up glove coloured black, and a cardboard anf felt tip kestrel..

Because this was all attached to my arm I couldn't take my coat off all evening...
Tim Fuckley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 07:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice this thread took off without anyone replying to my original question you tangent merchants. Anyway I gots a copy now and it's pretty good. The words could be a whole lot better but it's still everything the Coral should be but sadly aren't.

I don't understand Seterah's last post.

My head's bangin'. saki and vodka.
billycasper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 08:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

talking of tangents, I was in a meeting the other week when the woman sat opposite me pronounced tangential as tan-genital. I was the only one who laughed.

billy
xx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Fuckley wrote:

I don't understand Seterah's last post.

I was just saying that Julian's a better songwriter than Albert's father. And also, Julian grew up in the 80s, explaining his sound, possibly. L&P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2