bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Hello, how's things?
Hello, how's things?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nearlybunzer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 20:31    Post subject: Hello, how's things? Reply with quote

Just tried registering but got bored waiting for the confirmation and decided to post anyway.

I'm Keith. I got an email a few weeks ago from "Martin Carr" asking for a contribution to this Giant Steps anniversary thing. He must have searched the net and found its description in the all-time fave records section of my web site at http://www.yammer.co.uk/armchaircritic/albums .

Anyway, I came here to see what it looked like and it doesn't seem to be done yet. Oh well, maybe later.

I completely lost touch with Boo Radleys some time ago. I first saw them (I think) on Transmission, that fantastic early nineties TV programme that was on in the middle of the night. They played that song off Learning to Walk, can't remember the title. Anyway, I bought the album and wasn't very keen. I saw them in the flesh supporting My Bloody Valentine in Bradford in (I think) 1991. I was underwhelmed.

I saw a good review of Giant Steps in Select magazine and bought it. Words can't describe how I felt. There is so much energy in that record. It twists and turns like a mad thing. I was hooked. I played it to death for months.

Anyway, as is usually the case with great records, the follow-ups disappointed me. I bought Wake Up and C'mon Kids and then gave up. Funnily enough, I bought Kingsize recently (stock clearance) and remembered why I gave up.

A friend told me Martin had other stuff on the go, but I hadn't got round to checking it out. Tried those mp3s and liked one or two. Not sure what to do next.

One question for you experts: I once saw Lazarus on TV "live in the studio". It was probably the best performance I ever saw on the telly. Does anyone know what programme that was?

Also, a while back I tried to get a copy of Everything's Alright Forever. I've never heard it and being the record before GS, I reckon it's got to be good. Couldn't find the bugger anywhere. Any clues?

Cheers!

Keith.
bunzer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, I'm registered. Better late than never.

Keith.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Keith! Smile
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith, glad you stopped by. I reckon that show would have been 'Naked City' hosted by Caitlin Moran and Johnny Vaughan. We did a great version and I looked cool as fuck. I think the Manics and the Charlatans were on as well. I remember being in the dressing room and our tour manager was telling everyone in a loud voice about how shite he thought the Charlatans were (we were quite keen). He hadn't noticed that the dressing room walls were just curtains and that the Charlatans were next door. We let him bang on for a bit and then we sent him over to borrow fags.

bravecaptain x
c

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 01:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaf is pretty easy to get, try some of the online sites.
bunzer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 06:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

c wrote:
eaf is pretty easy to get, try some of the online sites.

Such as?

Keith.
bunzer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 06:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again

bravecaptain wrote:
Hi Keith, glad you stopped by.

Hi Martin. Congratulations on 10 years! Do you still get a warm fuzzy feeling from reading the reviews? Smile

bravecaptain wrote:
I reckon that show would have been 'Naked City' hosted by Caitlin Moran and Johnny Vaughan. We did a great version and I looked cool as fuck.

I did used to watch that programme, so it's highly likely you're right. Forgot all about it actually.

Did you have any craic with MBV/Milkfloat on tour?

Had a quickie look at the 10 years thing - lots to read there, must keep coming back for another look. Didn't realise that Lazarus was before, it fits in well IMO. And what's wrong with I Hang Suspended? It's one of my favourite tracks.

Keith.
paulwhite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

try http://www.netsounds.com for EAF,

i looked on action records and amazon (my usual sources), but they don't seem to have it.

I never thought it was hard to get, (for some reason) i decided to order it through my local HMV when i wanted it. No problems then, £10 it cost me.

if all else fails, ebay will have it, they have the rest of the back catalogue on sale (for not enough money Mad )

pablo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1