bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - New songs
New songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 16:58    Post subject: New tunes Reply with quote

The songs are at least original sounding. Not a huge fan of the vocoder ever since the Dirty Vegas song (I think) and that annoying Kid Rock ballad...I'm tainted now. But, I love the piano, the groove, and everything else about "Pledge." Enjoying the other songs. Despite the vocoder, I think Martin's voice is sounding better. A little more confident.
spunaround

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 17:01    Post subject: That's my post above. Reply with quote

Enlightenment is great. It has that ever changing unpredictable feel of some of the best Boo songs.

Travis
paulwhite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Pledge' is my fave so far, followed by Enlightenment....

I'm not too keen on the old vocoder business either, but yeah, it's all cool..

pd
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new songs.
Arrow I Pledge Resistance To The Flag is brilliant. A classic.
Arrow The Bombmaker will probably grow on me, it sounds already okay though.
Arrow The Wichita Airport Motel has a nice name and it's cool, but yes, I'm not the biggest fan of this vocoder thing either. Martin's real voice sounds better... but still, now when I think about this 5 seconds later (!!!) it sounds somehow cool... Confused
Arrow Enlightenment is good too! It's cool. And unpredictable and exciting. I don't like all parts of it, but most of it is classic, especially the orchestral part!

Last edited by Tommy BOO on Sat Nov 29, 2003 17:18; edited 1 time in total
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, almost forgot this... Welcome to our merry messageboard spunaround! Rolling Eyes
Damian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 21:42    Post subject: New stuff Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
They are 'de-blipped' now.
Download them again.
Then register here and start posting regularly. Rolling Eyes

I may well do that. But I'll certainly start visiting regularly. I was a massive Boos fan and now one of BraveCaptain too, but I hadn't looked at the site before. Very impressed.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian, do you have Advertisments For Myself?
Damian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 21:52    Post subject: BC Reply with quote

There... registered.

I do indeed have Advertisements For Myself. And Fingertip Saint parts 1 and 2. And 'Better Living...'. Almost everything, in other words. I saw BraveCaptain in Bristol earlier this year... it was a bit disheartening to see him playing to so few people but it was still great.

Incidentally, when I mentioned 'de-blipping', I was referring to the stuff on the 'Things/Downloads' page, which are still as blippy as you like! Don't ask for much do I?

Cheers,
Damian.
spunaround

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 00:16    Post subject: Checked out BC's blog Reply with quote

Martin talks about these new songs in his blog. Funny that he played a friend's wedding and had to relearn Boo songs.

Travis
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 00:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

damian - i'll take a look at those songs this week...
Melz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation I Pledge Resistance To The Flag Exclamation
The anthem of 2003! I absolutely bloody love it! Brilliant opening, brilliant vocals, and the most amazing tune I have heard all year. I can strangely hear some echoes of "Captain America" and "Love Will See Us Through '03" in this, which is no bad thing at all! This definitely gets my vote for Song Of The Year. 10/10

Question The Bombmaker Question
A wonderful instrumental track. And it all fits together very nicely, with the exception of that bit near the start where it goes a bit crazy, "Stand Up And Fight" intro style. Nevertheless, it's a very interesting track and seems to follow on well straight after "I Pledge Resistance" 8/10

Arrow The Wichita Airport Motel Arrow
I enjoyed the website loop of this, so I knew I was going to like it from the start. The slower tempo of this one makes me think back to "Me And You Glue", also the third track on a BC EP. Coupled with some truly brilliant lyrics and a really interesting use of the vocorder, not to mention a lyric borrowed from "Pilgrim Hold Your Lamp Up High", this is a great song. 9/10

Idea Enlightenment Idea
And finally we gain Enlightenment, a track as diverse as a Boo Radleys B-side, and just as great too. The fact that it's divided up into separate parts reminds me of "And Tomorrow The World" or the SFA's "Receptacle For The Respectable". The mantra-like bit at the end is possibly the best ending to a song, and an EP, that I have ever heard. 9/10

I Am a Lion is yet another masterpiece. And if, like the Captain himself says, these are not even the new songs then it looks likely that we will all be blown away by the new album next year.
"We are the bombs that you should be afraid of!"

Melz.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for the free download. am just listening to it at the moment before i get totally frustrated and fucked off trying to download then rip to mp3 and transfer agaain to a cd.(am a bit of a cretin you see) will try about 11pm tonight when i am tired and my mood is at its foulest. thanks again captain for being a beacon of light in a dark word of bland music xxx
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 08:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard each track once only so far and here are my views.

I Pledge Resistance To The Flag
Absolute classic.

The Bombmaker
Absolute Mess.

The Wichita Airport Motel
Hate the vocoder. Ruins the song.

Enlightenment
LOVE IT!!

Kinkster
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 09:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 2nd Listen, Airport is fucking beautiful, but I still hate the vocal effect. Rolling Eyes
Vote You

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grateful as I am to Martin for giving his songs away, replete with artwork and everything, I really think he should be selling them to us, much like :

http://www.nme.co.uk/news/107074.htm

vu
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2