bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - bravecaptain needs to...
bravecaptain needs to...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 00:40    Post subject: bravecaptain needs to... Reply with quote

take my spare SFA ticket off me for their gig in Dublin (tonight, Sunday).

You can swim over, and I'm sure the Furries will let you piggyback on them as they walk back across the Irish Channel afterwards

you know you want to! Smile

Rolling Eyes
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 00:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody rockstars... you offer them a free SFA ticket and they don't even have the grace to reply Crying or Very sad

er, I mean, well... I went with bravecaptain anyway, hah.

my bravecaptain t-shirt, that is

So... I had to sell my spare ticket (at a loss) and attend the gig on me todd.

at least the t-shirt wasn't wrong when it said 'go with yourself'

Rolling Eyes
bc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 09:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mate, I just got yr fine offer. i wanted to go to Liverpool and stay on the bus to Dublin but i just don't have the money and i wouldnt have been able to buy you a drink. Soon as I get solvent I'm coming to visit you all so look out! x
darraghh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya may not fuckin want to. its now illegal to smoke in irish pubs. IN IRELAND? I don't even smoke and I think its stupid. But Martin if you come to dublin on the bus, you may visit me and podge and in our house you can smoke, you can even smoke crack if you want to. the only condition is that you bring an acoustic guitar and sing us some songs. We keep a fine collection of cheeses in our fridge, so you can have some cashel blue and walnut crumpets or just plain old cracker barrel melted on toast. Whatever rocks your boat.
D.
ciaranm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 09:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where that skinny little freak podge gets his cheese and it aint out of the fridge. the smoking ban is the best thing that's ever happened to this country. It's gonna save lives.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 09:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in that case lets ban alcohol aswell!
darraghh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 09:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

and kitchen stools. I heard a good few old women fell off them last year while cleaning lights.
anyway, fuck up Ciaran. You just want there to be a smoking ban because it'll aide your weak willed attempts to stop. and what about those 400 duty free you're getting next week. Are ya gonna somke them on some lonely mountain top where the fumes wont kill somebody? Like fuck!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 17:02    Post subject: i just wanna smoke it, i just wanna smoke it... Reply with quote

bc wrote:
sorry mate, I just got yr fine offer. i wanted to go to Liverpool and stay on the bus to Dublin but i just don't have the money and i wouldnt have been able to buy you a drink. Soon as I get solvent I'm coming to visit you all so look out! x

it's ok, I forgive you

it's just that letting a spare SFA ticket go to waste is like that opening scene about Catholics and sperm in Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life
Rolling Eyes

oh and, Ciaran & Darragh; have you noticed it becoming near impossible to get in the door of a pub coz of everyone standing outside to have a smoke now? Confused
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dream of the day they ban smoking at pubs/clubs/etc here, then I can go out more...I can't help that my throat gets sore and my eyes itch and I (+others) start stinking after 2 seconds, but a smoker can go out, have the smoke, and then come back, I have been to parties like that and no one complained. L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

am not a smoker either, and I'm fine about the ban here

but I saw this comedian the other night who said he was also in favour of the ban - but that it was brought it for the health & safety of the workers in places such as pubs... YET he sees some of the same workers outside of pubs, puffing away on their lunch break

it seemed like a good point / funny thing at the time

I guess you had to be there

I'll get me coat.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 07:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cos they're addicted at this point, however, one cig an hour or however much smokers smoke is still better than constant passive smoking. L&P
darraghh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were about 20 extra broken jaws and noses at the weekend in Dublin because of aggro outside pubs brought on by the ban. PLus everyone was still smoking in 'vibe' which is Kells' premier i.e. only niteclub. The only thing was, they were all hiding their fags inside their sleeves as if they were in the school playground. What about when one of these poor sods goes on fire? Then we'll all have to passively smoke the fumes from a cheap nylon tracksuit.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

darraghh wrote:
there were about 20 extra broken jaws and noses at the weekend in Dublin because of aggro outside pubs brought on by the ban. PLus everyone was still smoking in 'vibe' which is Kells' premier i.e. only niteclub. The only thing was, they were all hiding their fags inside their sleeves as if they were in the school playground. What about when one of these poor sods goes on fire? Then we'll all have to passively smoke the fumes from a cheap nylon tracksuit.

Sounds like the trouble is people not accepting rules...how addictive is this thing?? L&P
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:

Sounds like the trouble is people not accepting rules...how addictive is this thing?? L&P

Well put it this way. I haven't had a cig since 2nd October 2000, and I still crave every minute of the day

x
Plank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is easy- have dedicated non-smoking pubs. and they'll close down. because they'll be shit.

these fuckers who complain that my smoke is invading their lungs don't seem to mind that their endless fucking bleating is invading my consciousness. someone moaned at me for smoking at a bus stop the other week, seemingly unaware of the eight cubic litres of unfiltered monoxide they were pulling down their throat every minute, "..and my cigarette alone is fucking up the delicate balance of nature."

jay-SUS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2