bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - bravecaptain needs to...
bravecaptain needs to...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

In California they implemented a similar no smoking thing because they feared massive lawsuits in years to come from people who worked in bars. I seem to remember that bars could allow smoking if the people who worked there also owned the bar. So to get around the law loads of bars gave the bar staff shares in the business.

I don't smoke but I think such a ban is stupid, surely you'd have to be in a bar for a stupidly long period of time for the effects of passive smoking to have any real affect on you. And if you're in bars that often surely the alcohol will kill you before the cigerette fumes will. If there was a massive demand for smoke free pubs then people would have opened them by now. But there isn't, so they haven't.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plank wrote:
someone moaned at me for smoking at a bus stop the other week, seemingly unaware of the eight cubic litres of unfiltered monoxide they were pulling down their throat every minute, "..and my cigarette alone is fucking up the delicate balance of nature."
jay-SUS.

You may live in a place that is polluted, where I live there's not that much pollusion. Besides, cigarette smoke is not just unhealthy, it's unpleasant, it smells really bad...where as car fumes smell good for example, so it's easier to put up with...but that was just a stupid side-track, either way, you don't feel air pollution in the same way (unless you live in London etc).

If you try and see my side of it, I sometimes want to hang out with my non-smoking friends at bars but it's very difficult cos other people smoke, often without disregard and in my face...so what am I supposed to do? My eyes ich, my throat gets sore, this I cannot control!

Research shows children who live with non-smoking parents have more 'clean' lungs than children who live with parents who smoke OUTSIDE and never infront of the children.

Amoré é Pace
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
I don't smoke but I think such a ban is stupid, surely you'd have to be in a bar for a stupidly long period of time for the effects of passive smoking to have any real affect on you. And if you're in bars that often surely the alcohol will kill you before the cigerette fumes will. If there was a massive demand for smoke free pubs then people would have opened them by now. But there isn't, so they haven't.

yes, people who work in bars are there for a long time, every day they work... and the ban has been brought in in Ireland because of health concerns for workers (allegedly)... and / or (probably) concerns about being sued by said workers in the future!

and anyone who thinks passive smoking is harmless is either a smoker or plain deluded Rolling Eyes

I can see the ban coming in in other places, such as the UK, if and when the new law works here for a reasonable amount of time
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
In California they implemented a similar no smoking thing because they feared massive lawsuits in years to come from people who worked in bars. I seem to remember that bars could allow smoking if the people who worked there also owned the bar. So to get around the law loads of bars gave the bar staff shares in the business.

aah, you gotta love the sue nation Wink
Plank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you try and see my side of it, I sometimes want to hang out with my non-smoking friends at bars but it's very difficult cos other people smoke, often without disregard and in my face...so what am I supposed to do? My eyes ich, my throat gets sore, this I cannot control!

i genuinely don't have a problem with not smoking around kids, in restaurants, or where it's genuinely going to bother other people, or even if someone asks politely. non-smoking bars seem to be a fairer idea than making every bleedin' bar in the world non-smoking.

what i do have a problem with is someone talking to me as if i'm a retarded turd just because i happen to smoke, and am looking almost impossibly sexy and cool at the time.

my personal research shows smokers to be almost impossibly sexy and cool. fact.
MRS KEN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr ken always said I looked sexy smoking my B&H
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 09:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a book called 'The Tipping Point' which has a chapter on the scientific reasons why people who smoke are generally cooler than those who don't. Neither Plank nor Mrs Ken were mentioned but I'm sure the author would like to hear from you both for later editions of the book.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
There's a book called 'The Tipping Point' which has a chapter on the scientific reasons why people who smoke are generally cooler than those who don't. Neither Plank nor Mrs Ken were mentioned but I'm sure the author would like to hear from you both for later editions of the book.

I am easily THE coolest person on earth, I don't smoke, so clearly that is wrong. L&P Wink
MRS KEN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
NO YOUR NOT, YOU ARE DELUDED!
KENFROM RHYL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOULD WHOEVER IT IS WHO IS PRETENDING TO BE MY WIFE PLEASE STOP. SHE IS AWAY WITH HER SISTER DOLLY IN AFAN LIDO WHO DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TELLY LET ALONE A COMPUTER.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

KENFROM RHYL wrote:
WOULD WHOEVER IT IS WHO IS PRETENDING TO BE MY WIFE PLEASE STOP. SHE IS AWAY WITH HER SISTER DOLLY IN AFAN LIDO WHO DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TELLY LET ALONE A COMPUTER.

Fake Mrs Rhyl can't spell and has no sense of humour. L&P
KENFROM RHYL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUITE RIGHT SETAREH. MRS KEN WOULD LIKE YOU!
DOLLY IN AFAN LIDO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 07:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRS KEN SAYS CAN YOU BRING HER MINTS PLEASE?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2