bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - A Very Long Time Ago On This Board...
A Very Long Time Ago On This Board...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 13:33    Post subject: A Very Long Time Ago On This Board... Reply with quote

.... there was a thread asking which was the furthest away or strangest place you'd ever heard a Boo's track played.

My answer at the time was "California Bowl in Newquay playing 'Martin Doom!" It was August 2001 when I herad it.

Well, I was there again on Tuesday night, 32 months later, and I heard exactly the same tune get played again!!!!!!

How great is that?!?!?!?!?! Laughing
Carrie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 00:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, I was just thinking to myself, oh dear, how sad that you can remember that, and then I thought, actually, that is just the sort of thing that I would remember Smile

I heard Lazarus on 6 music last week...not very far away but it was the first time I'd heard it played on the radio ever, so it was quite an event for me Smile
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 08:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all know I'm an incredibly sad individual Laughing

xx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 09:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

They played 'Wake Up Boo' at Bury Football Club's home ground before an LDV Vans Trophy (or whatever it was back then) match against Barnsley in 2002. I was sure it would bring good luck for Barnsley but the lazy bastards lost 1-0. Probably the worst football match I've ever seen.

So next time I hear a Boo Radleys song in a public place, I'm going to be scared, really scared. Rolling Eyes
darraghh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i swear this is the fuckin truth. I was on an native reservation in northern british columbia canada walking through a forest full of totem poles when the leafy silence was broken by the sound of 'whats in the box coming through the trees.' either some hiker had it on a stereo, or the song is so powerful and true that the deep rooted north american totem poles sing it to passers by, like the song of the ents out of lord of the rings.
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

years and years ago a couple of mates and i stumbled into a bar in chicago where two lesbians were hosting a karaoke night... and one of the songs you could do was barney & me.

we of course had to do it.

them were the days.

x
birdman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I heard From The Bench At Belvidere was deep in the dark forests of southeastern Finland where I was doing time thanks to the Finnish army. We had a tiny radio with us, and there it was all of a sudden. About the only uplifting moment in weeks of agony.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1