bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

help! take out an injunction:

this: www.thevillan.co.uk/Players/Townsend.html says townsend's a red!

it can't be true, surely...

but, to be fair, he did win TWO league cups
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy one day soon i'll be able to post about music or politics or other, y'now normal stuff, but its been a mad few weeks, its been a hard few weeks but now Very Happy , yes now, despite the most adverse promotion campaign in the history of footie, Very Happy the 2nd Division title has gone finally too

PLYMOUTH Very Happy ARGYLE!

Yep 12 seasons Very Happy outside of Div2 / 1 / wharever we are back in it in style. Two titles Very Happy and a wemblee success Very Happy have made our stint on the bottom 2 divisions worthwhile and - oddly - i wouldn't have changed the shite times (3 down at Moss Rd Mad in 20mins anyone?!) either, they've all made the 2 titles Very Happy in 3 years soooooooooo bloomin special. Saturdays win over QPR was a perfect day, perfect sunshine, perfect company and - fair fair fair play - the best set of visiting fans Cool I've ever seen at Fortress Home Park. I hope QPR go up with us just 'cos of their fans alone. Looking forward to parties at Hartlepool Very Happy on Saturday and the title presentation at FHP Very Happy the week after. Then its summer + that means more time for tunes again! And i can start enjoying life Very Happy , not worrying about footie Very Happy or working out result permatation after result permatation out ever again... well not to next season anyway! Wink

Love to all the world over,

xxxx

ttlc
Plank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

and torquay guaranteed their play off place at the weekend, the sun is smiling on south devon, my friends.

well done pilgrims, back where they belong.
Hew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Townsend will always be a villain as far as i'm concerned. And whilst on the subject of villa...
In martins last question thing i asked him if he thought villa were going to qualify for europe. Well look at us now mr carr just one point behind your lot. Safe
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

in any half-decent league a team that was one point behind a team as bad as Liverpool have been this season would be nowhere near qualifying for Europe.

but you can only compete in the league you're in, so credit to tubbs for that, i suppose
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeds are relegated to Division One.

How on earth they managed to lose 4-1 against Bolton? They were still winning 0-1 on the half time... Oh well. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viduka got sent off again and they just fell apart after that.

Its incredible that they've got from being European Cup semi finalists to relegation in 3 years. They're in really big trouble now, they could easily slip down the divisions like Sheffield Wednesday.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some mysterious clart wrote:
Its incredible that they've got from being European Cup semi finalists to relegation in 3 years. They're in really big trouble now, they could easily slip down the divisions like Sheffield Wednesday.

Well, I won't feel too sorry for them if they do... (but once again, I want them to survive the financial crisis)
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 00:04    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

Liverpool 2 - 0 Middlesboro
Super Dan (pen)
Heskey

thanks, Tommy Wink
Hew

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolves did Villa a big favour today. We can still make the UEFA cup while it seems liverpool have got the 4th place now. Bastards.
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rhyl deserve a mention, they won the treble in Wales over the weekend, beating the oddest named team in Britain - Total Network Solutions.

We played well against Birmingham over the weekend and Emile and Owen looked great upfront together and Gerrard was as good as ever. It bodes well for the European Championships.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thai Prime Minister has bought a 30% stake in Liverpool. I'm not sure if he's the sort of person I want to be investing my club.

http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_109526.shtml
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
The Thai Prime Minister has bought a 30% stake in Liverpool. I'm not sure if he's the sort of person I want to be investing my club.

http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_109526.shtml

nor me Rolling Eyes

on a lighter note, how daft is this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3702313.stm

and, note how many of the total number of applicants were Liverpool fans !
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an investment would help strengthen the squad.

The Thai government should promptly establish an independent body to investigate the use of lethal force by military and police in response to the violence yesterday in southern Thailand, which resulted in more than 100 deaths, Human Rights Watch said today. The Thai authorities should instruct the security forces to use lethal force only when necessary

We will be able to compete with the likes of Chelski and Arsenal

A "climate of fear." Threats against government opponents. A war on drugs and "dark forces." Thousands of unexplained killings. Human rights in Thailand under severe threat

Liverpool are tradionally a family owned club. If it's good enough for them then it's good enough me.

This 50-page report documents Thailand’s repression of refugees, asylum seekers, and migrant workers from Burma. The Thai government is arresting and intimidating Burmese political activists living in Bangkok and along the Thai-Burmese border, harassing Burmese human rights and humanitarian groups, and deporting Burmese refugees, asylum seekers and others with a genuine fear of persecution in Burma.

Who cares where the money comes from as long as we win something.

In an effort to forge friendship with the military regime in Rangoon, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has abandoned Thailand’s longstanding humanitarian stance towards Burmese refugees. As a result, the security of hundreds of thousands of exiled Burmese has been placed at serious risk.

Stuff in bold from Human Rights Watch .

Steve Morgan who has, I think, a 5% holding at the club offered fifty million pounds earlier this season. I have seen reports of his amassed fortune go all the way up to £500,000,000 which is astonishing. Why not him? Builders generally tend abuse only their own livers. Well, he does think that Liverpool should share a ground with E*****n. He is obviously deranged.

I'm not sure how long I take this shit in football. I don't like the owners, the managers, the players and half the fans. The rules are getting ridiculous. When are they going to have a ruling on players taking the ball into the corner flag ten minutes before the end of a match? I have to switch it off when that starts. I love my team, it's the only constant in my life. Maybe it's the idea I have in my head of what Liverpool represents that I love even though I'm aware of how little that idea relates to any kind of reality. I wish I could buy Liverpool and kick fucking McDonalds out and have nothing on the shirt but the badge (Barcelona style). Sack all the divers and cap the wages and bring back pay at the gate so people who actually live in Liverpool have a better chance.

Who would come and play for us then?

No fucker, thats who.

Mx
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing stinks, he wants to invest in us to boost his public image "Hey, I may be a repressive leader who will take away peoples human rights or have them killed but I'm helping Liverpool pay Vladmir Smicers wages so I'm not all bad" and Moores just want to get cash from anyone apart from Morgan

Without wanting to sound like an old man harping back to the 'good old days' I think that if football carries on as it is now then in a couple of years then a lot of supporters will have enough and give up on the game. Apparently Leeds have 18 players on their books who earn over £1 million a year. 18! I don't think I could name 18 Leeds players never mind any who deserve to earn over £20,000 a week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 25 of 143