bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - BBC Have Your Say
BBC Have Your Say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:11    Post subject: BBC Have Your Say Reply with quote

This is a UK Resident commenting on John Kerry's speech.

"Spot the similarity. Carter, Edward Kennedy, Dukakis, Clinton, Kerry. All deadbeats. You may not like Bush but do you want another wishy-washy Massachusetts-style liberal bleeding heart do-gooder? From a UK perspective give me Bush anytime.
Keith Davis, Mid Calder, UK "

Shocked

Now correct me if I'm wrong but did Kerry say anything to make him out as a liberal bleeding heart do-gooder? Even if he did what's wrong with being a do-gooder? Isn't that meant to be the entire point of being leader of a country?

wierdo

Flustered
xxx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the weird things I've heard on CNN the past two days, Gulliani the S.O.B going on about John Kerry and John Edwards being liberals...that is a bad thing??? I mean even the word has a positive meaning.

Today Bush gave a speech about 'results' and 'peace in the world'...if it wasn't so aggrevating it would've been hilarious.

L&P
Hew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 01:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day all politicians are lying twats. I think John Kerry is much less of a twat than Bush though.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 08:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck that. "i fought for my country as a soldier and will fight for it again as president" and "i will not hesitate to use force if it used against us" so the cycle of viloence and retaliation will continue regardless of who is pres. how about trying to understand first?
Kris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 09:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfiresky wrote:
Fuck that. "i fought for my country as a soldier and will fight for it again as president" and "i will not hesitate to use force if it used against us" so the cycle of viloence and retaliation will continue regardless of who is pres. how about trying to understand first?

I'm not sticking up for the guy here - his speech was more about trying to be a better right-wing choice than Bush. However, he said he defended it and would defend it again. He also said America should never go to War because it wanted to, only if it had to.

At the end of the day he's doing his best Blair "appeal to lefties and righties" impression.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true Mad [/quote]
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day we know John Kerry would make a better 'world ruler' than George W because he has some principles and his voting records show he cares more about people than W.

Love & Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1