bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The worst gig I've been to is…….
The worst gig I've been to is…….

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:24    Post subject: The worst gig I've been to is……. Reply with quote

My two are Granddaddy and The Mars Volta. Granddaddy were the least charismatic men in the world, with the possible exception of Alan Shearer. I wasn't expecting dance routines and lazers but it would have been nice if they'd looked up from their instruments to acknowledge the crowd at least once during the show. I've not been to see Mercury Rev live because I'm scared it would be similar experience. Perhaps scared is the wrong word there, I don't lie awake at night worrying about it.

And I walked out of the Mars Volta concert but I presume that 3 months later its still going on. Surely no-one needs tortured guitar solos which go on for that long.

I was gutted because I loved "The Sophware Slump" and "Deloused At The Crematorium".
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I've ever been to an awful gig. Seen a few awful things at Festivals, like Garbage living up to their name at Glasto and having to leave the stage pronto while Stereophinics were on at both Leeds and Glasto.

Oh now I remember. The Yeah Yeah Yeah's @ The Leady last year. Ikara Colt blew them right off the stage.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is kind of a funny story... Shocked
The worst gig I've ever seen by million lightyears is...
A fookin' awful trash/black/death/punk band called Earthquake in Salo (my homecity) a couple of years ago. The funny thing is that I don't actually know how I ended up there, I was very drunk and clearly didn't know what I was doing. Cool Hopefully I didn't pay anything for that crap.
It really was awful, and they "played" REALLY loud, I feel sorry for the people who stood near the loudspeakers and actually seemed to like the music! I couldn't understand any of the lyrics, I don't even know if they sang in Finnish or English, I really have no idea. It was absolutely awful, I just had to leave after the first couple of songs. Jeeesus.

Anyway, another gig I went to see voluntarily that I didn't really like was Electric Six in London last year. OK, it wasn't really that bad, in fact some of it was quite good, but they were a big disappointment! I thought they would be so much better, at least I liked some of their songs that I had heard before... Their support acts were good though, especially Junior Senior (honestly!)
Plank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

elastica at the garage in 94, i think. first time i realised that people didn't have ideas anymore. fell asleep standing up.
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still think people don't have ideas any more or has your faith in music been restored since then?
Whatever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 04:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. This seemed like a good subject to post my first reply on. So here goes...

Thievery Corporation at Coachella in 2000. Completely sleep inducing stage personas. Though, when I think about it... I also fell asleep at Orbital in LA a few years before that.

I haven't been to too many shows lately. I saw Bowie in Feb, and Blur sometime last year.

All for now...
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Remembered!

Worst gig I've ever seen by an absolute country mile is EMENIEM, LEEDS FESTIVAL 2001

utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter SHITE
Melz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Strokes because his microphone wasn't turned on.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Libertines were supporting though and they were (and still are) ace. Very Happy

Melz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1