bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Should I go to...
Should I go to...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:01    Post subject: Should I go to... Reply with quote

... 39th Pori Jazz Festival 17th - 25th July (in Finland)?

Even though this traditional festival is not just a jazz festival anymore (which is only a good thing in my opinion), there are some interesting artists this year. Stevie Wonder (hmmm), Alicia Keys (so I know che's answer already), Van Morrison (i've heard only good things about VM, but never heard his music i think), Macy Gray , Otis Rush, Angie Stone, Dave Brubeck ... and many others, but I haven't heard of those.
I don't know how expensive the tickets are, but I'm afraid they're not very cheap. Should be good fun though, but I've never been that much of a festival person.
che

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for brubeck as well as wonder + keys.

download 'take five' by brubeck now. it'll blow yr fuckin' mind.
che

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. did i mention that alicia keys is going to be my wife?

no. well she is. all i need is a lot of money. thanks.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have any of those programs I could download songs with, and i can't be arsed to download & learn how to use it now. maybe you could send that song to me next time. + all that boo's stuff of course. Rolling Eyes
birdman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 13:29    Post subject: Re: Should I go to... Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
I don't know how expensive the tickets are, but I'm afraid they're not very cheap.

I think the keyword here is "expensive". I have no idea about the prices, but I'm thinking three-digit numbers...

Come to Tammerfest instead, it's a lot cheaper! Very Happy
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 13:32    Post subject: Re: Should I go to... Reply with quote

birdman wrote:
Tommy BOO wrote:
I don't know how expensive the tickets are, but I'm afraid they're not very cheap.

I think the keyword here is "expensive". I have no idea about the prices, but I'm thinking three-digit numbers...

Come to Tammerfest instead, it's a lot cheaper! Very Happy

Yeah, I suppose they really are expensive... But I wasn't thinking of seeing all the artists, maybe just some of the best ones during one or two days.

Tammerfest... Hmmm... Never been there before, are there any good artists this year? Someone I know from England went there last year so it has to be quite good!
And when is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1