bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - New England Euro 2004
New England Euro 2004
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 08:16    Post subject: New England Euro 2004 Reply with quote

http://www.footballbadgers.com/
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 09:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief.

I hope England lose all their games, I can't help it. L&P
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

why?
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, for some reason it's more fun (well, partly because as soon as the English team win one single game the media and the fans hype it up enormously).
We all have teams we don't like to win that much.

Love and Peace
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd don't want any single team in the championship to lose every game it plays.... Just the games it plays against England Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:38    Post subject: Re: New England Euro 2004 Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
http://www.footballbadgers.com/

Melz already posted this some time ago. Wink

I don't really have a favourite in this competition because Finland isn't playing, but I'm hoping that some little country wins. I think I'll be supporting Latvia, but I will make the final decision on the match days during the match. I don't want Italy or Germany or England or France to win... Italy are absolutely boring to watch, Germany are too defensive, England fans will be bragging about their win for the next 50 years if they win this time, France are great to watch but they've become too arrogant, and most of their player are from North Africa anyway which isn't fair.
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the weekend I was in HMV and they're still selling "Germany 1 England 5" t-shirts and keyrings. That was in a qualifying match 3 years for a tournament where we got knocked out in the quarter finals and Germany finished as runners up. I think its time we all moved on with our lives.

If England don't win Euro 2004 then I want Holland to.

Mystic John predicts: I think we'll beat France at the weekend. It will be one nil, little Michael Owen will score and following a colossal performance at the back Jamie Carragher will become a national hero.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want liverpool to win, me.

i don't care about international footy tho' i am looking forward to it.

i always thought it was a laugh when england got beat until i moved to wales where they care more about englands results than they do their own. i was in the westgate pub near the stadium when they beat italy 2-1 in that brilliant match, everyone piled back afterwards but the biggest cheer i heard all night was when the england (who lost) score was announced.

so as long as the footy is good i dont care who wins.

mx
ciaranm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it's the same in ireland when england lose. Even though can you blame us? the last time the english came, they ripped up our national stadium, an we haven't played them since, and if I recall, the fans have pulled some dodgy manouvres in France and other spots. The stoopid, anti-german rhetoric in the german press pretty much wrecks my head too. I wish Ireland were playing, but they aint! so I'll just watch it for the craic.
ciaranm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

err I meant to say tabloid press there
paulwhite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

England to win

Then Italy

Then I don't care

whitex
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
i don't care about international footy

Have you never been interested in England games or is it a recent thing?
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

He supported Scotland when he was little! Or so I was told first hand.

I want Italy to win, then Sweden.

Italy aren't boring all the time, who remembers Italy-Holland in the last Euro competitions? WHAT A GAME!

And Tomi, the majority of the French players with African background still grew up in France, so they're French really, they're the multicultural/multiethnic team, it's very...erm...poetic!

Love and Peace
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
And Tomi, the majority of the French players with African background still grew up in France, so they're French really, they're the multicultural/multiethnic team, it's very...erm...poetic!

That's partially right, Setareh, but I hate those multi-nationalities... If those players weren't good enough to play for France, they could still play for some African country where their family is from and where they've been born... I don't think they should be allowed to do that, some players could choose between three or even more countries, isn't that a bit stupid?
Anyway, I think that international matches are fun to watch, this June will be interesting because of Euro 2004 of course, although I won't see some of the matches because of work. Mad
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't give a fuck how england get on. I did used to watch them away for a few years, and was even guaranteed a ticket for France 98 final if england had got there. but there was always a shite nationalist thing, now there's the band and the nouveu jolly watch england/grt btn at any sporting event 'cos they can afford too type going as well its awful. i hate the fa too so as the england side is their flagship i really can't warm to 'em anymore. and tommy boo is right about the fact we'll ram it down everyones throats for the next 50 yrs too.

TBH my club side is all that matters and i've never had the same elation or dejection with england. I'll not see much of the tournament - boo hoo -but i'd like it to be either portugal ('cos they've always been so exciting when they play, i was one gutted kid when they lost to France in euro 84, they were so class then, mind you so were the french) or 'cos they are a steal at 16/1 the Czechs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3