bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - apologies and confessions of a madman
apologies and confessions of a madman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 20:43    Post subject: apologies and confessions of a madman Reply with quote

I have listened to Advertisements For Myself through again this evening.

And I was amazed. Sometimes you get a slap in the face when you least expect it.

I read the Captains Blog about creating his own sound etc, but maybe he has already done that. I was very keen to criticise any electronic influence being the headstrong and sometimes foolish person that I am, but that last album gave me both hope and inspiration. I don't think that this can ever be underestimated. Of course, I was scared of change, as I am scared that the next record will be somehow fundamentally "different".

So, my point is, thanks again Martin. Whatever you do in the future is irrelevant in a way, beacause what you have done already has affected me in a positive way greatly. So if you sell 10 albums or 10,000, it doesn't matter, because it's got in my head. And I hope to hell, I can get it into someone elses head....

I am on the piss as usual, but I find it easier to be honest when I'm drunk - ask the ex (she's under the patio).

Bla Bla Bla. I'll shut up before I explode.

Love you all
xxxxxxxxxxx

PS: Sorry for not contributing more to the forum!! I will try harder.
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the album on Che's orders, with no idea what I was going to hear! What a great surprise then at the brilliance of the album, it was ages since I'd heard anything so overtly political and that was really exciting and refreshing. And the personal side of the lyrics never fails to move me.
I must admit, having seen the laptop gigs, I was worried that the electronic effects might dominate this time around, but on reflection I doubt that the personal voice will be lost after all.

LoneStranger, thanks for sharing your thoughts, don't think you're a lone madman!
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Tommy Boo is on-line. Never spoke to you but you are a legend, so all the best mate.

I've got betsi's beads

Money Money Money

Tragic Story - That's another thank you I forgot to mention Martin,

I really have to lie down. there are limits to the human body.............

Bite My Hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1