bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Martins Lyrics
Martins Lyrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 22:51    Post subject: Martins Lyrics Reply with quote

I realise I'm preaching to the converted here but I'd just like to say that Martins lyrics are superb, so many of his songs are genuinely touching. I've just been listing to 'Rod's Got One': "...summer has not begun to bloom and you're so far away and these streets are dead without you". Simple but beautiful.

In the Giant Steps mini site Sice says something about how he was always amazed at how Martin could write such honest personal songs and then hand them over to other people. That's one of the things I loved about the Boo Radleys, the songs really did seem to be written from the heart and not in the U2/Oasis sense of just sticking the words "soul" or "heart break" somewhere in the chorus and putting an orchestra in at the end.

This is a bit of a serious post isn't. I'll try to lighten the mood - can imagine a fat person dancing around here as I can't work out how to link to that pic. Thank you.

Last edited by John Mc on Sat Apr 10, 2004 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunk. truffle shuffle.
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin is the best lyricist EVER and I'm totally amazed it's never been recognised.
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days the Boo Radleys don't seem to get recognition anywhere. Its odd because when Giant Steps came out it won all the polls, both critics and readers. And when Select did their 'Best Albums of the 90's so far' list in 1995 Giant Step and Wake Up were both there. I suppose it doesn't really matter but it would be good if there was a Boo Radleys revival sometime soon.

http://www.rocklist.net/select90.htm#90s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1