bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Boo Radleys / Bravecaptain covers vs the originals
Boo Radleys / Bravecaptain covers vs the originals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it has to be the cover of the Queen Is Dead. With all the others I thought 'what on earth made them want to cover THAT'! In fact with most of them, I didn't even realise it was the Boos Confused

I think that Sice is an excellent singer, but he sounded breathless on '4st 7lbs'!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 23:37    Post subject: Re: Boo Radleys / Bravecaptain covers vs the originals Reply with quote

1. One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later) by Bob Dylan
I think the Boo Radleys version is marvellous! (Boo Radleys

2. Alone Again Or by Love
A tough one, I like both of them and they're very different! Oh well... (Love)

3. True Faith (/Boo Faith!) by New Order
Again, I like them both, but I like the original in some strange 80's disco dance kind of way. Don't ask what I mean by that... (New Order)

4. There She Goes by The La's
Both are pretty similar, but I think the Boo's covered it really well. The handclaps make it sound so very sixties. Nice one clarts! (Boo Radleys)

5. Zoom by Fat Larry's Band
I've never heard the original to be honest, but the cover version is really really good. There used to be a '200m' (to somewhere) sign on my way to work and it always reminded me of this song (because of the spelling 200m = ZOOm)... yeah, I'm a bit odd like that. (Boo Radleys)

6. The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths
I actually don't like the original or the cover that much, maybe the Boo's version is better because of Sice's vocals. (Boo Radleys)

7. 4st 7lb by Manic Street Preachers
The Boo's only ever performed this one live I think... (??) Anyway, the cover version is better once again, the original by MSP is a bit too messy in my opinion. (Boo Radleys)

8. Tomorrow by Paul Williams
Never heard the original, but I love this cover! (Boo Radleys)

9. Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan
In fact I've started to like the Bravecaptain cover now a bit (Shocked) - at first I almost fucking hated it. At the moment I can't remember what the original one sounds like, but I vaguely remember that it was quite good... (Bob!)

FINAL SCORE...
Boo Radleys 6 - 3 Rest of the World Allstars
paulwhite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 09:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who thinks that the boos version of queen is dead is better than the original is disilusioned

whitex
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any other bands ever do cover versions of Boo Radleys tunes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2