bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - 99 Problems
99 Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 21:38    Post subject: 99 Problems Reply with quote

Inspite of being a cover version by a rapper who's been around for years, produced by a producer who's been around for decades, 99 Problems by Jay-Z is the best single I've heard in ages. Its infinitely better than the Pharrell-by-numbers "Change Clothes" and has restored my faith in everything. Cool video as well.

In the past year Rick Rubin has produced this track, "Hurt" by Johnny Cash and the Mars Volta album. I love the man and want to hibernate in his lovely beard.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can love him without having to hibernate in his beard... Smile

I've only heard the song once but yes, it's nice. Also, I'm very tired of Pharrell...NO, you're not as cool as you think...aaaa...okay, back to normal.

Amor y Paz
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not tired of Pharrell and I believe that he is as cool as thinks he is, but Change Clothes and Frontin' just sounded a bit lazy. After that he came along with "Milkshake" and redeemed himself.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except you don't know in which order they came, "Milkshake" and "Change Clothes"...only in which order they came out Wink

It should be noted I've never worshipped Pharrell, I just have had enough of him now, as opposed to tolerating him/respecting his craft before.
N.E.R.D will produce ANYTHING...it's not exactly charming.

And no way he's cool, people who try aren't. Also, the ugly trucker's cap trend he's started is annoying, me and my bro had those hats when we were 10/8, and they only look okay on kids because kids are cute and get away with it.

Amor y Paz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1