bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - All those wasted years
All those wasted years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:03    Post subject: All those wasted years Reply with quote

This could have been a private message for Dubya-T, but I decided to write it here as some kind of a tribute to one of my favourite bands, Hanoi Rocks. Yes, again . Rolling Eyes But I seriously would recommend them to anyone here, although they probably aren't everyone's cup of tea.
What are they like? A proper rock 'n' roll band, that's it.
The rock 'n' roll band, in my opinion. Guns n Roses copied their style and took all the credit five years after Hanoi Rocks split up, but they're just boring and much too serious. To be honest, I can understand why Guns n Roses ever became so huge, apart from releasing about five good tunes, they're absolutely crap. In my opinion.

Anyway, I'm missing the point here...
I got this double DVD (or whatever SVCDs are, they only work with my DVD player) of a classic Hanoi Rocks gig, Live At Marquee. Thank you Dubby , I didn't even think that you would have sent those yet! I've only seen the first half of it (the first SVCD) but it seems to be bloody excellent! Mike Monroe looks as cool/silly as always with that costume and haircut, Andy McCoy looked so much different back then but it's still hard to understand what he says, Sam Yaffa and Nasty Suicide are not in a very visible role but they're ace anyway, and Razzle is being funny in the little interview things between the songs, shame it all ended too soon after this gig. Why do all the drummers die so young? Weren't they wondering the same thing in Spinal Tap ?
Anyway, thanks a lot Dubya-T, this is magnificent, I'll try to send you something equally good!

Safe as Razzle dazzle, clarts!

Idea
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Wink

An SVCD is a Super Video CD. It's just the way the video is encoded that gives it it's name, it's just burned on a normal CD.

I trust the picture & sound are OK. It took a few goes to get it right!

If you like the Razzle interview clip, just wait for the encore! He takes a starring role!

A great snapshot of a great band, far better than Guns N' Roses or The Daftness!

Rock Like Fuck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1