bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Return Of The Mark
Return Of The Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 08:25    Post subject: Return Of The Mark Reply with quote

Mark Radcliffe is back on the radio tonight from 10.30pm till midnight on Radio 2. Yesterday I found myself watching "Top Gear" and tonight I will be listening to Radio 2 - I am old before my time.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

does every generation think that the next generation's music is shit, or is just that music now is shit?
che

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

music now is just shit.
columbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, music now is pretty pants on the whole.
my old man grew up as a big fan of bands like the shadows and the hollys....
but he still loves the stone roses and some boo stuff too,
so yeah, music nowadays has gone downhill...
or maybe i just aint heard the good new stuff...?
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there's some good music around, but when i was younger i used to listen to the radio loads and liked most things.

i guess there's just a tendancy as you get older to have more specific tastes, but it definitley seems as if mainstream music is getting worse. but i was just wondering whether every generation feels that, or if the situation is worse now with the more cynical marketing of boys bands, things like pop idol etc... Question
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 09:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pop Idol thing has died in terms of its effect on the charts. Michelle McManus album sold nothing neither did Alex Parks from Fame Academy and Sam and Mark haven't exactly set the charts alight. Maybe the novelty has worn off.

I think its natural not to like the next generations music as much as the one you listened to when you were younger. Although it sounds pretentious when I was younger I always used to think pop music might contain "The Truth" and that rock stars were wise people who lead exciting lives and could teach you about dealing with heartache and stuff through their songs. But now I'm older than most of the people who's records I buy and I although I like The Libertines I don't think Carl and Pete can teach me much about living my life on a day to day basis. I must get back to reading through the lyric sheets from my Simple Minds albums now.
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Get in , get out of the rain"

This gem from Mr Kerr has saved me from getting a soaking many a time. Music can give you the answers to living your life!

Not sure about "woah! Mandelas Free" though. I asked for a free Nelson Mandela in my local papershop when they had a poster up in the window but was told to get out. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1