bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - paypal / nochex
paypal / nochex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 16:03    Post subject: paypal / nochex Reply with quote

following on from a comment on the board last week, we're thinking of introducing nochex as a payment method in the bravecaptain shop. before we go any further with that i wondered if anyone had any feedback on using the shop - and if anyone else would prefer to use nochex to pay in future please post here and we will introduce it if there is enough demand.

the key difference is that nochex doesn't require you to sign up with them - paypal does though it is incredibly simple. both payment methods are free to use.

we are also considering making the new album available for pre-order through the shop, meaning that if you get your order in over the next few weeks, we will have it despatched on the friday before the release date. if anyone would be interested in that then again please indicate here and if demand looks high enough we will introduce that too.

finally, on the subject of pop-up windows which i know a couple of people had a problem with, the shop won't launch if you have pop-up killers installed - but there is always a way to overide that. it's often as simple as holding down CTRL or SHIFT when you launch the shop. and if anyone is really stuck using the shop just email me (sparky@bravecaptain.co.uk) and i should be able to help.

in general the shop has gone really well and we are already planning future releases through the shop - both mp3s and limited run cds of new or unusual stuff. so we obviously need to make sure it's bob-on and easy-to-use before start taking orders on other stuff, like the pre-orders on the album for example.

that's it. cheers!
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

all sounds great sparks although i have paypal i will be making some purchases later on today!
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm happy with paypal - i've never had any problems with it

my only criticism of the shop (and it's very minor) is that it would be easier if for an ep there was an option to select all the tracks together to put in the basket, rather than having to do it one by one. this could save seconds of valuable time which i could waste in other ways... Confused

pre-ordering the new album throught the shop sounds like a great idea Very Happy
paulwhite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, pre-order album thing sounds cool to me.

paypals also fine by me.

one question though?. Why are the prices in 69p/99p format, rather than round numbers????. I really have never seen the point in having everything end in 99p .etc. Grrrrrrr.......

Also, any more shirts on the way?. i'd love an 'all watched over.......' shirt.

ta
whitex
thereturnofbobbychariot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh Sparky,

I've got a question. My 69p won't fit down the phone line, how ever hard I try. What do I do?
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sparks paid for me downloads with paypal but keep getting message saying "no orders placed" please help!
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr firesky, if you want to email me (sparky@bravecaptain.co.uk) and tell me the email address you used for the shop and also when you bought the mp3s i will be able to sort that out.

thanks to everyone who has replied - all very useful this. i think the pre-ordering of the album is looking very lively. still no real interest in nochex so if you want that introducing please post soon!
columbo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting pre-order copies of the album on there sounds good, and paypal is just fine by me.
i had no problems with the ep downloads, just waiting for more now! Very Happy
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a purely business level I can imagine that registering first with the shop then second with paypal may piss off some of the less arsed fans of bc's music, so something where you don't have to register twice would help that way. Doesn't bother me though I'm already sorted for the ep Smile

I'd also love to pre-order the CD through here. That way I'm sure Wichita / bc get a slightly higher cut - plus I don't have to trawl every shop in sheffield and eventaully have to ask Melz to get it for me Wink

Knickers
xxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant use paypal at all (or rather i can, but for no reason whatsoever i cant send money to anyone before i fax a shitload of documents to them in america, despite the fact i've only ever used it once and the transaction went fine)

so yeah, nochex would be ideal for me, i'd buy the mp3 the moment you accept it.
david

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for popups, theres nothing on earth i can do to get the shop to launch with the firefox browser, is it cos i'm an idiot? or something you are gonna have to fix your end as more people start to use it?
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great feedback - cheers. a couple of conclusions:

(1) regarding signing up for the shop and paypal to order: i wish we didn't have to make people register to buy, but we have to have an account system so that people can log in and get their downloads. i do think the paypal signup thing is so simple you might not even realise you're doing so - which i guess is what their trying to achieve. i think something like 97% of people who have registered have bought stuff so paypal is perhaps much more popular than we realised.

(2) we will definitely put the album up there for pre-order in the next couple of weeks.

(3) we will add a nochex payment facility in the next couple of weeks too, subject to us being able to get an account etc.

(4) in terms of the popup thing, the shop will remain in a popup. although pop-ups are often used for ads, they are also a standard way of doing this kind of thing online. for example, online banking often comes up in a pop-up window. the only way to get round this is to go directly to www.bravecaptain.co.uk/shop where you can use the thing as normal though it will not appear in a popup window and will look slightly odd!

any more feedback most welcome...
david

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the pop ups...

i can get pop ups to work for most other sites with firefox (you just click an icon to allow a particular site to pass), just not this one.

nice one about nochex btw.
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

might just download firefox and see if i can work out what's going on there. leave it with me!
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update on a couple of things:

(1) we will be adding nochex as a payment option to the site in the next couple of days as per your requests.

(2) somebody mentioned a problem with opening the shop using the firefox browser, due to it being in a popup. the way around this is to double click the icon in the bottom left corner of your browser, and specify that you want to allow this popup window every time.

sparky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1