bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Rare post, cos I'm lazy and I annoy myself
Rare post, cos I'm lazy and I annoy myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 20:38    Post subject: Rare post, cos I'm lazy and I annoy myself Reply with quote

hello!

Drunk again, but Im very happy about the mad sounds i heard on "All watched over by Machine of loving grace" - particularly the distorted rasp that cleared my head toward the end, which inspired me greatly. And what an interesting vocal melody! I must admit I was a cynic of laptop productions, but if if it inspires me like this EP, then I eat humble pie.

Anyway, I listened to "eveythings alright forever" the other day for the first time in a far too long while - i would appreciate it if anyone has any lyrics they could post 'cos I've just re-lived an important part of my life. Cheers Martin! Please post any lyrics (again if i missed them -sorry)!

Then i listened to Neil Young's latest and I thought, top bloke - hes still going and he dont give a shit - "the FBI raided the house, and they even kicked the cat!!!" I can't help but love that in its own way.

Whats my point? I haven't got one. Other than, keep listening and buying the MP3's/Albums - mmmm. let me see, a multi-million dollar chicken fillet
burger for 99p or a quality MP3 that might just engage your brain - no competition.

Then, I started thinkin about politics, and I thought, what If WE COULD BE DIFFERENT? What do you think? Now is the time of uncertainty - how do you convey genuine belief and genuine willingness to change whilst engaging the populous?

Answers on a postcard please (the one where you stick your head through a cardboard cut out whilst wearing a hankerchief on your head and a striped shirt)

Take care all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lonestranger
www.lonestranger.co.uk

PS: I know Im full of shit, but I hold my hand up.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food allows your brain to be engaged...can't really knock it can you?

Love & Peace
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hands up who's full of shit?

I know I certainly am

Kinksty
xxxx
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hand up*

>>I must admit I was a cynic of laptop productions<<

What's the difference between music made on a laptop and music made in a studio or on a four/eight track?

Mx
che

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i reckon it depends who's making it.

Wink
KENFROM RHYL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO DRUMMER.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 08:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, pool of wisdom! Smile

Amor y Paz
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you just plug guitars and stuff into a laptop, and record them as you would do normally? if so, i guess it really isn't any different.

it must be a bit different in a live setting, where everything's on the laptop at the start rather than being played live. i haven't witnessed a bravecaptain laptop show yet, but i saw four-tet supporting radiohead last year doing that. it seemed a bit strange, and hard to work out what he was actually doing.
KlarkyKat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen his show. He's got this wooden laptop with strings attached, which he strums and plucks, so its proper music. Not like the music that other people with laptops make.

*A recent Brave Captain Gig*
Backhander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Brave Captain goes for a wazz and leaves the show in the capable hands of his assistant*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1